Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok so i was looking around for something to increase my power on my forte so i used my buddy google i came across this site Volo Performance - Chip Tuning Made Easy i want your opinion on this product they also have a youtube video on how to install how it works also calculation on hp gain and no its not a resistor check it out. tempted to buy one.... heres the youtube video

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't know why but i never trust these things?

I'd rather hold out for someone to put out an ECU or a flash ECU program.

But if you do get one let us know if you like it. Its not that much with the sale and all.

I'm sure you can take it back if its junk

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That chip has been tried by many and the reviews are disappointing. You would be better spending your hard earned money elsewhere.
i am getting mixed reviews....update what do i have to loose? just purchased it :) patiently waiting

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post this find!

Never heard of them so I'm wary of the device. I know you can purchase tunes for other cars that you install with a PDA through the OBDII port so I don't think this is a scam...yet. Time will tell.

BTW how did you order one? I see only a tune for the 2009 Forte (Cerato?) on their website...and it doesn't specify an engine size. There are differences between the 2.0 and 2.4 -- did they send a response back for more info?

·
Registered
243 Posts
ok ok so i was looking around for something to increase my power on my forte so i used my buddy google i came across this site Volo Performance - Chip Tuning Made Easy i want your opinion on this product they also have a youtube video on how to install how it works also calculation on hp gain and no its not a resistor check it out. tempted to buy one.... heres the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkntoD34LQw&feature=player_embedded
Yikes! This looks hokie and very risky. You want to fry your ECM board, go for it.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for taking the time to post this find!

Never heard of them so I'm wary of the device. I know you can purchase tunes for other cars that you install with a PDA through the OBDII port so I don't think this is a scam...yet. Time will tell.

BTW how did you order one? I see only a tune for the 2009 Forte (Cerato?) on their website...and it doesn't specify an engine size. There are differences between the 2.0 and 2.4 -- did they send a response back for more info?
no they did not specify what liter it was good question i will email them. part should get here tuesday we are going to be hit with a big snow storm so hopefully tuesday and yes its listed under 2009 forte. it was introduced this year so it was listed for 2009 its also on ebay under 2009 i did it threw there website same price no change .

·
Registered
24 Posts
How can they program an alt map if they dont know what size engine is in the car?
Let us know how it works out

·
Registered
486 Posts
This thing looks like one of those chips that talks to the computer and leans out the fuel mix. Basically it tricks the ECU in to thinking parameters are different than they actually are. I think this is how you get the "boost" if you do some digging you can get a more technical description but based on that I don’t think it needs to know the engine size the ECU tells it everything it needs to know and it adjusts the ECU accordingly. Either way... it scares me. I have noticed though... the stock ECU settings on my car make it run a little rich. So leaning it out a little couldnt hurt i guess.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i have received the item..... its to dark to do anything awaiting tomorrow

·
Registered
486 Posts
me too!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ditto! Don't leave us hangin man!!!
ok sorry guys i was out trying to see if i see a difference to be honest um..... mpg wise yes power wise no. if its your thing get it but i believe i did the correct thing and that was shove that back into the box and kiss it goodbye not worth it :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry it didn't work....thanks for "sticking your neck out" for the rest of us!
any day for the forum :) i am still awaiting on turbokits to tell me to bring the sedan to fit that exhaust system keep you posted on that.still doing alot more research on items for the forte. any one found anything else thats eye catching 1 grand on error and trial here to spend! :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts