Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it works off the CAN system. You have a high and low CAN wire. Can blow up the diagrams to tell you where they are.
Hopefully this is easier to read. I dont see pins that are Can high and low. Do you happen to see which ones they are. Can you tell me where to connect the positive and negative wires from the radio.
Handwriting Wood Font Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe it works off the CAN system. You have a high and low CAN wire. Can blow up the diagrams to tell you where they are.
Hopefully this is easier to read. I dont see pins that are Can high and low. Do you happen to see which ones they are. Can you tell me wgat to connect the positive and negative w
I believe it works off the CAN system. You have a high and low CAN wire. Can blow up the diagrams to tell you

ForteGT2[ATTACH type="full said:
89200[/ATTACH]
, post: 1043840, member: 56"]
I can't read the attachments:

View attachment 89196
I should have started with this: What year and model Forte are we trying to help you on? Are you trying to get a camera working in a car that didn't come with a camera?

The camera comes on when power is supplied to pin 6 of connector A - I believe the power is supplied from the shift lever switch when you put the car in reverse.
I have a 2017 base model lx. It did not come with a backup camera. I'm upgrading to the oem 2018 radio. I've got everything working but the camera. What I've done with that is bench tested the camera by using pins 6 and 20 to power and ground the camera. I connected pins 7 and 21 to provide video to a separate monitor. The camera works fine there but when I connect pins 7 and 21 to the radio I get nothing. What I really think im missing is how let the radio know it's time to switch the screen to camera. Thank you for helping.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also 2017 had 2 different radios one with camera and one without camera. No camera detect wire in either one. For the camera model it had Connector C just for the camera. Can high for that radio is pin 1 of Connector B and Pin 13 of Connector B for Can Low. CAN are the same pins on both radios. View attachment 89217
Based on what I'm seeing does this sound like It should work with the above pin set. Constant power to camera from pin 10. Ground pin 11. Camera video imput pin 4. Camera video ground pin 3. Once I have that set Can low pin 13 grounded and then by getting the right volts to pin 1b when it's in reverse that is what will tell the radio to switch to camera view.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK I was wondering if I might be able to do this with this radio above. When I go into the Engineering Mode on this radio there's options to set what looks like camera types. One of the types is direct camera. Could this be a setting to eliminate the Can wiring and allow me to install an after narket camera.
Font Display device Electronic device Screenshot Multimedia

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well that I can't answer to. I got into those settings in my 2019 but on restart it reverts to original settings nothing would save. But I didn't see those settings for camera in mine. I suggest seeing if anything you change will actually save. If so try camera direct. Did you get your USB workinI dg for Android auto and carplay and did et an aftermarket GPS sensor for that. I did get all that working on mine.
Yes I got everything working. Gps ,usb and aux jack. I connected pin 33 to power wire and it keeps the settings. Also keeps the battery drain message away. I went into engineering mode and there's a setting to turn that message off and pin to power kept the settings. I just went into the camera type settings and the options are there but it doesn't let me change the type. I may see if it's something the dealer knows about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts