Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
445 Posts
Well that I can't answer to. I got into those settings in my 2019 but on restart it reverts to original settings nothing would save. But I didn't see those settings for camera in mine. I suggest seeing if anything you change will actually save. If so try camera direct. Did you get your USB working for Android auto and carplay and did you get an aftermarket GPS sensor for that. I did get all that working on mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well that I can't answer to. I got into those settings in my 2019 but on restart it reverts to original settings nothing would save. But I didn't see those settings for camera in mine. I suggest seeing if anything you change will actually save. If so try camera direct. Did you get your USB workinI dg for Android auto and carplay and did et an aftermarket GPS sensor for that. I did get all that working on mine.
Yes I got everything working. Gps ,usb and aux jack. I connected pin 33 to power wire and it keeps the settings. Also keeps the battery drain message away. I went into engineering mode and there's a setting to turn that message off and pin to power kept the settings. I just went into the camera type settings and the options are there but it doesn't let me change the type. I may see if it's something the dealer knows about.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
445 Posts
Yes I got everything working. Gps ,usb and aux jack. I connected pin 33 to power wire and it keeps the settings. Also keeps the battery drain message away. I went into engineering mode and there's a setting to turn that message off and pin to power kept the settings. I just went into the camera type settings and the options are there but it doesn't let me change the type. I may see if it's something the dealer knows about.
I found the same setting in mine for the power nag, but on mine it reset to default on every restart. Glad you got it working on yours. Dealer was of no help to me on mine. Just be careful not to power the CAN wires and see what dealer says. Might be easier to use aftermarket camera...or not, depending on if able to trigger with this radio.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts