Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Koup with the navi package but the one thing that bugs me a bit is the plastic chrome door handles. I would like them body color. Has anyone successfully painted them body color?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Would not rec. doing alone

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Agreed with FEARtheFox! When I had mine done they had to be ordered in. I'm not sure it's a good idea to paint over the plastic chrome coating on the original handles.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Actually Ryan... I had to paint over the chrome....so far I have had no issues with the paint holding...other than were the bodyshop did not clearcoat...LOL...so we sent them back to be repainted and everything is fine. Reason I had to do this is that the orange is only on the KOUP and no other model.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually Ryan... I had to paint over the chrome....so far I have had no issues with the paint holding...other than were the bodyshop did not clearcoat...LOL...so we sent them back to be repainted and everything is fine. Reason I had to do this is that the orange is only on the KOUP and no other model.
Nope wrong the sedan sx comes in orange too :p

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm getting a Koup with the navi package but the one thing that bugs me a bit is the plastic chrome door handles. I would like them body color. Has anyone successfully painted them body color?
but there is no koup with navi ???

where are you from ?

you have some photos?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.