Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where it's better and with which gas (esso/shell/couche-tard,...) (87 octane/91, ...)

thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
In my experience, they are almost all the same. However, once I experienced a VERY dramatic mileage increase using Esso 89oct. A difference of almost 150KM on a single tank(all highway)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my experience, they are almost all the same. However, once I experienced a VERY dramatic mileage increase using Esso 89oct. A difference of almost 150KM on a single tank(all highway)
it's weird!!!!...for me, with the Esso 87 oct, I noticed a VERY dramatic mileage decrease! lol...don't know why but in city, I did 175km with a half of my tank.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I get the best mileage from Shell 89. I think it's because it's the best mix of ethanol and Octane.

I get an extra 50km-70km per tank.

Pretty much all gas stations' in Ontario 87 octane (regular) contain ~10% of ethanol.

Shell 89 contains 5% and 91 contains 0. Strangely 91 doesn't help. I think 89 Octane allows for our relatively higher compression engine to allow advance the timing a bit more than on 87.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get the best mileage from Shell 89. I think it's because it's the best mix of ethanol and Octane.

I get an extra 50km-70km per tank.

Pretty much all gas stations' in Ontario 87 octane (regular) contain ~10% of ethanol.

Shell 89 contains 5% and 91 contains 0. Strangely 91 doesn't help. I think 89 Octane allows for our relatively higher compression engine to allow advance the timing a bit more than on 87.
I think that shell have the "V-Power" ...nitrogen?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Has anyone noticed a decrease in mileage using Petro-Canada gas?

I'm currently halfway through a tank of 87 and it seems like I'm going through it pretty quickly (I normally fill up at Superstore - I believe it is Husky gas they resell).

I had a quick look through my gas records of my old Sentra and I noticed on a road trip to BC after filling up with Petro-Canada my mileage dropped from 6L/100km (39.2MPG) to 8.8L/100km (26.7MPG)!

I'll report back after my next fill-up, I think I will be filling up at a Hughes gas bar since they supposedly are pure gasoline.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I usually go to the Huges gas bar. I find if I use the husky they have the ethanol blend and I get better fuel economy with that. The premium I only ran once on a trip to Canmore and it took quite a long time to burn it. The reg seems fine but depends on the station I think. Cant really tell right now because in 2 weeks is my first oil change. After that I should get great fuel economy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.