Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

First of all, I had interest in a Koup and after joining this forum to read up on, and see pics of mods, etc, I purchased a Koup SX 6spd yesterday. I tried hard to get my 6spd Titanium SX, but with hard luck in western Canada. When I dealership offered me a price on a Electric Blue with only 8kms, and for far less than my lowest for a Titanium, I took it. I love it ! and thanks for you guys' helping me unknowingly!

As for mods, I may play around with LED bulbs, and upgrade the head/fog lights without doing HID, depending how the H11b future looks.
I did however, go right from the dealer to a tint company for 35% all around. I also got pulled over within 100km for a tint-only $57 ticket, which is a low low blow considering I've never been pulled over and the officer was nice enough to tell me he had no idea this was a Kia, and thought the tint looked great on it.

Thanks again, see ya around !

Bryan
Alberta, Canada

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,851 Posts
Welcome aboard...Nice Koup, looks like mine...LoL

I'm curious that a tint company would put too dark of a tint on your car and lead to you getting a ticket. Around my "neck-of-the-woods" the tinting companies won't put anything illegal on your car unless you have documentation (Dr. letter for example).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Car looks great... I have a black Koup SX. My Windows are tinted 35 all around and I have had no issues in Ontario (fingers Crossed) but I mean I see other cars all around with FARRRR darker tint then me so I would hope i'm left alone. That sucks about the ticket, kind of a dick move on the cops behalf but ahh well price you pay for the good looks on the car hahaha! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Congrats on your new Koup and BTW, I love the color Bryan but I am jealous of one thing... I wish we didn't have to have the front plate in BC also.:(

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments and being part of the excitement.

The tint company takes no responsibility for the illegal tint, but they will do whatever you want. At home there are more people with worse tint then me, so I should be ok here. It was just the unlucky drive from the dealership 4hrs away where I ran into the bored officer.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome.

Sucks about the ticket though.....

I look forward to seeing some pics of your ride after some mods :)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Welcome Bryan!
Sorry to hear about your law enforcement though.
Your Koup looks sharp with that tint! Hopefully that's the first and last time you get hassled over the tint.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yeah in Alberta it is illegal to tint the windows on the sides of the driver but you can go dark dark on the rear windows. Most shops won't tint the windows on the sides of the driver here, even if you asked...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Only 8 kms? Kia Canada specifies that a minimum of 20 km is to be driven by the tech during the predelivery inspection. Unless you signed off on the PDI not being done correctly, I would be talking to them.

We 'cheat' a bit and drive the cars to '21 kms' on the odometer. They are all delivered with between 4-9km from factory, so this still gives us a chance to shake it down with highway and stop-and-go traffic, while keeping the delivery kms to a minimum. But to give a car to a customer with 'only 8km' tells me that there is a tech somewhere who didn't do his job.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again !

The tint was at ClearChoice in the west side of Edmonton actually. They did it no hesitation, and I would recommend them. I had them do 35% all around, and smoke the head/fog/tail lights on my gf's Lancer last fall as well.
I want to do some mods, but I don't quite know how far I want to go right now. We will see...

I showed up, inspected the car and it still had 8 so I told them I want it. It was ready the with PDI at 19kms when I left the lot. I had already test driven a SX, so I did a quick 3km loop too checking for smooth operation. I am over 600kms now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thats good info to know KiaTech.. I was going to say.. mine was delivered with 72kms! :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's my little update so far. Minor, but mods that changed the attitude of my Koup I think.

Tomato A&P fr/rr/steeringwheel
LED license plate and map light
SX inserts black with 'koup' caps
Wheel locks

Less then $150 into it so far, but gotta start focusing on school savings. I was thinking I wanted wheels but the black on black stock SX's look sharp.

I still want to finish LED's all around, CAI, and SXR exhaust and possibly lips around spring.

And finnnnnnnnallllyyy laid a coat of wax on it, the blue looks so deep in person.

Thanks for the help and links I've gotten off here!

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I like what you've done!
Gotto love those emblems :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts