Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So, clearly I am a new member to this site. I have not purchased my koupe yet, but have wanted one since I first saw it. My car broke (thank god, neverrr buy a dodge!) so i've been looking into both the koupe's and sedans. I was reading other posts and some say Ex is better than Sx. I really don't need a muscle car, like i said, anything is better than a dodge that broke every month, and thats why I have been considering the Ex. If anyone can run some Canadian prices, preferably ONT, just so I have a rough idea and also that way I can garage sale bargain with dealerships haha. It would have to be an automatic, also gas prices would be great! As much as I hated my Dodge, she did give me some cheap gas in return lol

Thanks!

-A

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome! Koup’s run on regular gas like the Dodge so no change in you fuel costs. As for EX Vs. SX….I’m kinda biased; but the truth is SX is the way Koup’s were meant to be driven. An SX isn’t a muscle car by any means but you do get a sport-tuned suspension, real trip computer, more powerful engine, nice 17” rims and additional options (Tech Package, etc).

No offence to EX owners but I believe SX is a more exciting, sportier drive and overall better looking car.

With all that said we’ll welcome you no matter which you decide on!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Go EX if you prefer softer rides. Best to go test drive each on some rough roads. I've tried the sport tuned suspension and am not a fan of it on these roads here. Or better yet go buy the SX and put the EX springs on it. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies thus far, as well as the greetings! I agree that the SX is probably sportier, but I'm concerned about the handling. If its more of a "gotta have ur hands on the wheel" kind of drive, I'll take the EX, haha. I can always add things to the Ex. Plus, I'm a 21 year old girl living in a small town north of Toronto, having a car that looks like it should be in a video game, is an accident waiting to happen.. Just out of curiosity, what does insurance look like?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for all the replies thus far, as well as the greetings! I agree that the SX is probably sportier, but I'm concerned about the handling. If its more of a "gotta have ur hands on the wheel" kind of drive, I'll take the EX, haha. I can always add things to the Ex. Plus, I'm a 21 year old girl living in a small town north of Toronto, having a car that looks like it should be in a video game, is an accident waiting to happen.. Just out of curiosity, what does insurance look like?
The car is in a video game.. ;)

I'm taking a stab in the dark about insurance, but since you are 21 and 2 doors have higher insurance.. maybe closer to 300$ a month..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like an EX is the best fit for you. And if insurance is too much for a Koup there's always the Soul...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Actually the insurance on my Soul is higher than my Forte.. I'm also in the toronto area... Bad drivers in Toronto seem to be buying Souls.. Damn you old people.. No offence lleader.. :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
for insurance, i'm not sure there'd be a big difference between the EX and SX in price. as said before, if you're 21 and drivin a 2 dr it won't be cheap. FYI, I'm currently paying $152.xx/mth with my Koup SX. I'm 33 and have a clean driving record with 17 years driving experience. Not sure if I'm crossing any boundaries here, but my broker/insurance company is worth checking out. They're out of Markham. If you're looking for a cheap insurance rate, I'm almost 100% sure they'll beat any price you can come to them with. PM me if you want the name and phone # of my broker. Cheers!

·
Registered
513 Posts
for insurance, i'm not sure there'd be a big difference between the EX and SX in price. as said before, if you're 21 and drivin a 2 dr it won't be cheap. FYI, I'm currently paying $152.xx/mth with my Koup SX. I'm 33 and have a clean driving record with 17 years driving experience. Not sure if I'm crossing any boundaries here, but my broker/insurance company is worth checking out. They're out of Markham. If you're looking for a cheap insurance rate, I'm almost 100% sure they'll beat any price you can come to them with. PM me if you want the name and phone # of my broker. Cheers!
33.. You old sock! :D

PM me that info..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts