Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry wrong topic thread. I'll post below anyway since for some reason I cannot figure out how to delete. grr...:mad:

I just bought mine here in Nova Scotia Canada. 2.4 Sedan SX loaded.
Now on the Kia Canada site when you build a forte on the site and well I got an SX fully loaded so in the included features area it states "Side mirrors with integrated LED turn signals" Correct me if I'm wrong but the integrated turn signals do not seem to be LED. Hmm... Also I looked on the Kia USA site and you guys there as it claims has a sensor in the passenger front seat that if there's nobody in the seat - the air bag off light comes on beside the clock on the dash?
Now I do not have that feature of the airbag sensor in the seat. Does this seem right? Anyone in Canada have the feature? Do all you all in the USA have the feature?
Also on the site it states that you can control the audio system through voice as well as the phone. Can anyone control the audio system through the voice controller?
No option I was told here in Canada for a factory auto starter and they wouldn't install the after-market one I had bought before pickup in fear of voiding warranty grr... They probably just didn't want to include the labor as I asked.
Oh well got a great deal! Love the Forte!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't bother with the dealership for your alarm/remote start. Just get it done by a reputable shop around your area.

As for the voice controlled audio, I don't think the Forte has that, US or Canada. And no, the mirror lights are not LED.

·
Registered
54 Posts
On Kia Canada it also states in the standard features list tinted windows on the SX Koup, however, my Koup did not come with this feature. I contacted dealer, dealer stated that it's not standard and that can be done for extra cost. I wrote a letter to customer relations Kia Canada and did not receive a response so poor customer service and false advertising.... so not sure what's going on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On Kia Canada it also states in the standard features list tinted windows on the SX Koup, however, my Koup did not come with this feature. I contacted dealer, dealer stated that it's not standard and that can be done for extra cost. I wrote a letter to customer relations Kia Canada and did not receive a response so poor customer service and false advertising.... so not sure what's going on.
Mine I thought was supposed to be factory tinted too yet not a stitch of tint in any of my windows at all.
Only thing I can think of is here in Nova Scotia any tint at all is illegal so...
Have to do it myself. Of course when I get a new one cause the car was written off last night.
:(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine I thought was supposed to be factory tinted too yet not a stitch of tint in any of my windows at all.
Only thing I can think of is here in Nova Scotia any tint at all is illegal so...
Have to do it myself. Of course when I get a new one cause the car was written off last night.

Oh no!!! How did that happen?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no!!! How did that happen?
Left turn + blind spot + dark + car taking merge lane hiding car behind = OUCH!
Front end banger. There really wasn't anything left of the front end on either car.
Both front airbags went. Bumper gone. headlights gone. Left door bent. Wheel bent. Hood bent. Rad sideways. Gas leaking out with rad fluid. Just a mess. maybe they'll fix her nut scares me cause how would they ever get er back to new? There has to be frame damage. They had to haul both cars scraping on the ground onto the flatbed.
one of my headlights are still in the intersection I just was told. Hopefully i can go get it before someone cleans the mess up.
You never know when you need a headlight. If anything a nice souvenir... :rolleyes:
If all goes well and it's written off we had a no depreciation clause on the policy so we'll get full paid price or list back. Not sure about the $3500 in taxes tho grr...

·
Registered
284 Posts

If it helps (makes you feel better) mine was not tinted at all either...

Not sure what factory considers tint tho.. maybe the badge 'KOREAN AUTO GLASS' represents a 'factory tint' to the windows, something very light (almost not there) but more so for UV light rays/etc.

I had to pay 200.00 for my 4 door sedan w/lifetime warranty.

-Forte333

PS. im pretty sure there are many other forte owners in Canada who had to pay for tint too, just browse the treads about 'what tint/how much does it cost'

·
Registered
257 Posts
The only LED anything I think I have is the brake light on the factory installed spoiler. Only voice control is the bluetooth. Yes all US models have the passenger seat airbag sensor.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
factory tinting
to sum up from what i've seen over the years-
mearly means that "stuff" was added to the glass mixture to
reduce glare, UV rays, and/or anything you can think of -
however-
the factory "tint" will not make your windows dark and cozy like 5% professionaly applied film tint..........

·
Registered
432 Posts
factory tinting
to sum up from what i've seen over the years-
mearly means that "stuff" was added to the glass mixture to
reduce glare, UV rays, and/or anything you can think of -
however-
the factory "tint" will not make your windows dark and cozy like 5% professionaly applied film tint..........
Exactly.

Factory tint is built in the glass and it's blocks only like 5% of light. It's barely noticeable and not a film like aftermarket tint.

Most, if not all, new cars have that nowadays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts