Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bluetooth won't connect with my iPhone, it displays the pass of 0000, but when i goto settings > general > bluetooth, and try to turn it on its just spins the circle for a few seconds then goes back to off.

any suggestions???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what book and what button? my issue is the phone is not pairing, and the bluetooth keeps turning back to off

·
Registered
11 Posts
hmmm mine had no problem. have you tried turning off the bluetooth, turning off your phone then turning both of them back on? If not I would say restore your phone (although that is a pain in the ass). It shouldn't be having any problems connecting.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the same problem at first. I deleted the phone from the bluetooth and then set it up again. It works fine the second time, just the stupid 'transfer complete' every startup.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried a restore. No go. I'm taking this piece-o back to crapple

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took it back to crapple, its a hardware issue and its out of warranty, they have a crash replacement for like $265!! haha guess i'll wait until the 4th gen comes and buy that

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah true, i just don't want to shell out like $500 for a decent BB

·
Registered
78 Posts
that's unfortunate about your iPhone. i use the bluetooth feature almost everyday and I love not having to wear my earpiece when I'm driving. :) I hope you get a phone that works with your Forte. Apple should be debuting their 4G this month... I just hope you already have an unlimited data plan because as of today there no longer is an unlimited data option...

·
Registered
19 Posts
That really sucks, just for curiosity sake, does the bluetooth on your phone work with other bluetooth devices? If so I would guess that the "geniuses" at Apple really didn't know what they were talking about (it happens quite often) and just gave you the Apple "well we can sell you another one" line.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no it doesnt work on the phone at all, they say its a hardware issue. And yes i have unlimited basically, 6GB a month which is plenty

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't pretend to know the first thing about taking apart electronics, but they do make a replacement bluetooth chip for the 3G:

WiFi Bluetooth IC Chip for Apple iPhone 3G Logic Board - eBay (item 160379208084 end time Jun-15-10 17:39:23 PDT)

It may be worth a look... I'm sure there is a play-by-play on how to swap out the chip somewhere on the interweb. If you are going to get a new phone anyway, it may be worth a shot. $80 is a small price to pay to get your $499 (retail) iPhone working again...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts