Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was staying the night in a hotel in Durham for a medical appointment the next day at Duke and some one scuffed my car door pretty bad. The wind was crazy so I am sure when they opened the door it just got away from them. I even parked in the last spot next to a curb so no one would park next to me. Do you think this can be buffed out? I am about to be in the hospital for several months so I can't take care of it now, so will this rust now?:mad:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is it chipped to bare metal? Try compound first, cause it looks like it's just another cars paint on yours. Small circles with a little bit of pressure. If it comes out then wash the car completely and wax the area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may just be chipped but its hard for me to tell. I don't really know what I am looking at. All i see is white now. The van parked next to me was blue but that doesn't mean much since the other vehicle could have just moved.

·
Registered
130 Posts
normally with all my other cars i didnt park far away from anyone and i never got a ding on my doors from someone hitting it. so i finally get my Koup and I am thinking this is a lot nicer than my other cars so the first time i went out to a bar, i figured i would park it far away from everyone (i was worried about the drunkies). sure enough i come out the parking lot is FULL now and there was a dent on the side of my car, about six inches directly above the gas tank. i was SOOO pissed....ugh and it's a dent not a scuff so I'd have to hammer it out if anything...its so annoying now, because I take such good care of that car trying to keep it looking/running like brand new....

·
Registered
196 Posts
The best we can do is make every effort park away from other but even then someone might pull up too close and hit our cars. There are too many jerks that don't respect other people cars. I hope you are able to buff it out.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I drove my crappy corsica for years and never got a door ding...the minute I got my new spectra it was like a door ding magnet hahaha.
Haven't had any on the Koup yet but then again I've only had it a month. What i do is park between really nice cars...they don't want to hit their door anymore than I want mine hit lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 3 now. The first one pissed me off, now I'm used to it..lol. I still love my car, but it's just bound to happen I guess.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just enjoy the car and don't worry about every little ding or scratch.
This!

The pic looks like it was just paint from the other car and you can probably remove it easily.

·
Registered
825 Posts
HarvickChick has the right idea. Park buy expensive cars They don't want anyone dinging their car so that means that won't ding mine. . .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think at this point I'll just not worry about them and certainly not look for any new ones. Once I'm out of the hospital/treatments this summer then I'll take care of all of these scratches and nicks. Just sucks for now but at least there are no dents or dings. Just a crease.....but many here know what that's like.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
i have one like just like that. It made a pretty visible crater in my back right panel. I hate it, it's so visible. Supposedly there is a "dent and scratch guy" that comes in to dealerships to fix up used cars that can fix my dent as well as the holes on my front bumper, from the license plate, for about 75. Which includes a full buff of the whole panel and front bumper area. You just gotta ask around and see what the prices are.

Good luck with everything! :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Having nice things is just a matter of compromise. If you're willing to hunt for prime parking spaces next to curbs and medians, and walk from the back of the parking lot at your favorite stores, restaurants, etc. you can keep your car safe from the ravages of careless ******* thugs in '72 Cadillac El Dorados. My Koup remained scratch and dent-free for 16 months. With no mouldings to protect those giant doors, I knew if I got a ding, it'd stick out like a sore thumb and I'd cuss every time I saw it, so I remained diligent.

Get some exercise and walk...it's good for you, and your body panels!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went and had the scuff on the fender and the rest of the paint chips fixed today. The guy just used a brush tip on the chips on the hood since I am sure I will get more but he did a great job on the scuff. Can't tell it was ever there. While I was there I had the dent guy pull the crease out that was back by the gas filler door. Looks good as new now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts