Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've put it on ACC, and ON like the manual says but then just pushing hour and minute buttons does nothing. I havent noticed a little "set" button anywhere and the manual doesn't exactly say how to do anything other than change it from 24 hour to 12 hour, and when I do the method to change it to 24 hour it just removes the ":"

My clock is stuck at 1:39 and refuses to change, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I have an electrical problem.

Clock is now fixed.
The problem was that the computer just needed to be reset.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Are you pushing the hour/minute buttons in with your fingernail or some other small object to make sure they go below flush with the outside surface?

Not saying to shove them in hard -- just make sure you are going below the panel with the buttons...see if that works. If not...dealer time!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine worked easy so something may be wrong. You said it is stuck at 1:39 is that just while you try to change it or does the time never change? Also is the : flashing? It should be. I would suggest checking the fuse but it seems if that is the case it would be dark not stuck.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I dont think I was pushing them in that far, I'll check again. the ":" are flashing when theyre there and the time doesn't change. I'll fiddle with it some more.

EDIT:

It's blinking when I first put the car into ACC / ON and pushing the Hour / Minute buttons does absolutely nothing. Oh and I somehow managed to change the Fahrenheit temp gauge to Celsius.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
I dont think I was pushing them in that far, I'll check again. the ":" are flashing when theyre there and the time doesn't change. I'll fiddle with it some more.

EDIT:

It's blinking when I furst put the car into ACC / ON and pushing the Hour / Minute buttons does absolutely nothing. Oh and I somehow managed to change the Fahrenheit temp gauge to Celsius.
I read through the 2011 owners manual to see if there was something different with the 2011 Vs the 2010 -- it should be simple to change the time -- I would take it to the dealer to have them take a look at it. Funny thing about the temp -- the owners manual talks about "C" and "F" readings...but not how to switch them...!?!?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know!!! I was like WTF?!?!! I was holding down the Minute button when it switched randomly lmao!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had no problem setting mine. Pushed the "M", the minute changed. Pushed the "H" the hour changed. No using finger nails or sharp objects, just the tip of my finger. About a week after I got the car, the clock reset itself as if the power had been lost. Reset the time and have had no problem in the week since.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah pushing the H and M does nothing for me =/ Taking it in tomorrow

·
Registered
47 Posts
I actually ran into the same problem. I honestly think that its a cold weather thing. I think the LCD is just freezing up due to the cold...which shouldn't be an issue. Either way they are replacing mine in a couple days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happened to me the second I got my new 2011 Kop home. I called the service manager and he said the memory needed to be reset. Simply pull up the "memory" fuse for 20-30 seconds and then push it back. The clock should start working...mine did. You will have to reset your radio stations though. :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah thats how I fixed mine jsinkler. Everythings working good now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had this same thing happen to me too. Thanks for the info! It worked perfect. I was going to pull the battery cable, but I should not be having to do this on a 2011 car with 400 miles on it. LOL

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, atleast its a simple fix >.>
The guys at my dealer were willing to mutilate another 2011 to fix my car though XD

·
Registered
47 Posts
They got mine reset, but it happened again. They are replacing my clock, but its on national backorder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, I may not be understanding this but when I open the fuse panel, I don't see a fuse labelled memory... They are all just numbered. My clock is stuck on a certain temp and time even if the car is turned off, the display is still on. Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alls you have to do is disconnect your battery and reconnect and it will reboot your system.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Had this happen to my clock/temp display yesterday. It's been working fine for 3 weeks, then I noticed some of the segments were missing on the display and it was frozen. It stayed on after turning the car off. I drove for about an hour and it started working again.

Later in the day, I was playing MP3's on my USB drive and it suddenly stopped playing and started scrolling very quickly through all the songs. It wouldn't stop until I shut off the car. Worked fine next time I started the car.

So, in 3 weeks, I've had pairing problems with my Blackberry and these two problems. I certainly hope things don't continue like this. I've owned one other Kia and it was reliable, but I only kept it a relatively short amount of time. I plan to keep this one for 5 years, so it needs to work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had my clock replaced last week and it's worked perfect since. If it messes up again, I'll take it in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts