Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I actually ran into the same problem. I honestly think that its a cold weather thing. I think the LCD is just freezing up due to the cold...which shouldn't be an issue. Either way they are replacing mine in a couple days.

·
Registered
47 Posts
TSB: GEN 047 Forte (TD) January 2011

There's a TSB out for this issue as well from Mazda. They will not replace it until they have done this, but this is a DIY as well.

Service Procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the “ACC” position.

2. Remove the fuse box cover from the left side of the instrument panel.

3. Locate the 15A yellow audio fuse (shunt fuse) in the fuse box.

4. With the “M” button of the digital clock pressed, momentarily remove the “Audio Fuse” from the socket then push it back in place.

5. The compensation mode of the digital clock will be displayed
The following values are examples only, actual numbers may vary.
Time compensation value = 1:7 - (Odd number)
Time compensation value = 1:6 - (Even number)
During this step, the digital clock “M” button must be continuously depressed.
CAUTION
If this procedure is done within 60 seconds, the “radio presets” will not be lost.

6. If the time compensation value is an odd number,
change it to an even number by pressing
the “H” button once.
Example:
1:7- ▶ Pressing “H” button 1 time

7. After adjusting the time compensation value, turn the ignition switch to the “LOCK” position.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the “ACC” position, and verify that the digital clock displays “1:00.” Adjust the digital clock to your current local time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Or you can look at my last post and get the instructions. that's strait from the TSB you can find on kiatechinfo.com. Just sign up and get an account and you can look em up yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.