Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cerato forte can play 1st Gen Itouch. But afterI got my 3rd and 4th Gen Itouch, it has reading error. Anyone knows what is the issue? OS for my Itouch upgraded but still no clue

·
Registered
7 Posts
You're talking about the iPod touch, right?

If as the title of your thread says you are using just the audio jack, i.e. the AUX port, you shouldn't have any problems since the iPod is doing all the work and the car is just receiving its sound output and redirecting it to the speakers.

If you're not using just the audio jack, please give more information about what cable are you using and what exactly is the error message, where it's displayed, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IPOD TOUCH cannot be detect

Hi Mr Briggs,

Thanks for quick response.

ITs KIA Original AUDIO Cum AUX all in one for Ipod.

It works on 1st GEN ITOUCH.

I did a google search and found out others facing same problem as me. The solution given to them it supports IPOD better than ITOUCH. Another said could be IOS in ITOUCH. But I downgrade and upgrade the IOS but also cannot play.

I found a website that sell this cable that say it supports up to 3rd GEN ITOUCH. But I got 3rd and 4th GEN ITOUCH but it kept saying USB ERROR and jumps to radio.

Picture: http://www.kiaaccessorystore.com/media/accessories/misc/kia_ipod_cable.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ipod touch

I don't mind buying another SAME AUX/Audio jack as long as it can detect my ipod touch......Website says it support up to 3 Gen. But I look at it, its KIA Original jack, look same as the one I have....so don't know if it works.

Some other KIA drivers facing same problem: Ipod Connection

Anyone have the same problem and got it solved?

KIA told me they only have this jack made in 2010. no latest generation.

Thanks, Kat

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the cable supports iPod touch (not ITOUCH, nothing of this sort exists) until 3rd generation, and it's not working in your situation, I would try connecting another 3rd-generation iPod touch (from a friend, etc) to make sure the problem's not with your iPod.

If the cable does not support the 4th generation, I believe you're out of luck... although if it supports the iPhone 4 it should support iPod touch 4th-gen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi MR Briggs.

ITOUCH is IPOD TOUCH. Apple have 2 types.
One is call IPOD the other call IPOD TOUCH.

The item is say to support better ob IPOD than IPOD TOUCH. But my 1st GEN can be detected. 3rd and 4th cannot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know that when you say "iTouch" you are actually trying to mean "iPod touch"... it's just that "iTouch" is not actually the name of the thing. That's all.

So as I said I would try another iPod touch from 3rd or 4th generation to see if it's something wrong with your iPod touch specifically, and not with all the iPod touchs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I think you have to be mores specific about your problem!
I am using a 2g ipod Touch with my official Kia/Hyundai Ipod cable and it works all right BUT when I press SHUFFLE it shows an error and kicks me to radio! so what I did in order to stop the annoying error is to press SHUFFLE and then inmediately press MENU! no error and shuffle works perfectly! that's it!!! I don't know if that helps you but I tell you I use my 2g everyday and no problemo! Oh another thing try NOT TO MOVE the cable, because one false move and it will give you the error...that's why I don't use a case for my ipod when plugged, so it won't move. hope it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.