Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I wanted to get some feed back on a Forte Sedan build. I sent out emails to many performance part companies (ARK, Turbo-Kits.com, and a few others) to see if they wanted to help me build a forte that can take on civics and other imports at the track. I plan on putting as many mods as this car can handle. I figure that many people on this site would love to find out what parts they can put on their forte and how to do it and how it will perform. So, if I get more sponsors this car build will take off. Once the car is finished I plan on placing it in a import car show. Racing it at a track against other imports. I will also post video and pictures of the build and each event on this forum so everyone can see. Turbo-kits is on board and Im still looking for sponsors to donate parts, but I want to know if the forum members are interested in seeing this take place?

Thank you for your thoughts,
Monty

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think I speak for all forte mebers when I say we would love to see more parts for these cars, especially performance mods. Hope you can get sponsers to join the forum if they are not already members. Best of luck and keep us all posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am very excited for this build, I emailed many companies about 2 days ago only two have gotten back to me. My goal is for these sponsors to donate performance parts to me and I pretty much install everything once it all comes in and post everything from start to finish on this forum and maybe it might have its own blog. I'm trying to get RRM and ARK involved, I just emailed them today. I really need these companies to come through so others will participate also. I hope the RRM people that are on this forum see what I'm trying to do and get onboard with this. Turbo-Kits said that if I get more sponsors than they will definitely help out. Later tonight or tomorrow I will post a list of all the mods that I want to be installed and hopefully have donated to me by the sponsors. I'm sure everyone on this site would love to see all the available mods out there in one car and see how it performs, on the Dyno and on the track.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Having been involved in a very similar situation (not with cars but getting sponsors), it is going to be very difficult unless you can show them a previous success in the sport and what they will get in return. I doubt putting some stickers on your car is going to entice a company to donate or severely discount equipment.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
You have alot of catching up to do ;) "looks around"

2,213 Posts
I'm such a nice guy, I'm gonna help with your donations...go to Koreanautoimports.com and anything you want..10% off!!!! Use forte10 as the promotional code!! :) i want my name on the car though. Just put my initials KIA lol

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah uh... Good Luck. There is no such thing as a sponsorship where you receive free parts. You have to pretty much give up your life and attend every show within a 500 mile radius and you still have to pay for the parts. Discounted sure, but not free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is just an experiment, I have had a few replies to those emails though. I'm going to still do all this even if I have to pay a little. It never hurts to ask, the worse answer you can get is no. My overall goal for this is to reduce the overall price of the build and to show everyone how it all performs. If I get all free parts (I realize this is a long shot) great than it will be done by april, but if not than I should have it all done by September.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
So hows the progress any free parts yet? I was on ebay i message a seller and asked him if i buy 5 of his stickers can i get one free? Did you know what he told me? The economy is bad and nothing in this world is free. W.t.f. Not even a sticker!

2,213 Posts
im gonna help you out, cause i dont think you have a clue how to go about this, and i have 3 sponsors. dont start off with a stock car, do some mods your self, buy a few parts from the companies you want sponsorship from to show youre loyal. go have a contract written up that states, you have to attend so many many shows in one year. mine is 2 national shows, and 13 local shows. also, they can use pictures of your car whenever they want. you can do partial sponsorship, where they give you a discount on parts, bigger the discount, bigger the sticker and more shows you go to. then you can do full sponsorship which in your case is probably not going to happen but they give you free parts, or you buy the parts and they reimburse you. that intails a main sticker, and a lot of shows. put in the contract you wont discuss to other people what your sponsorship includes, e.i. what discounts you get, and that you will also work booths and hand out flyers and such at car shows.

also, depending on age, and where you live. if you're like 18... forget about it, and if you live in the middle of no where.... again, forget about it! usually over the age of 25, and in a major city. and your car cant look like a riced up piece of sh*t either. they usually want ptofessionals doing all the installation too. that means no duct tape holding parts on. you got to spend money to get money. ill tell you atleast this is, one of my sponsors pays for my entries to car shows and gives me free cleaning supplies. its not much, but its something.

probably the easiest thing for you to do, buy a mod, put it on your car, take some pics, send it to the company, and see if they'll discount you on other parts. but to be honest, you're probably not going to get anything. those companies you picked already have cars of their own. try a tuner shop... just my opinion though.

2,213 Posts
So hows the progress any free parts yet? I was on ebay i message a seller and asked him if i buy 5 of his stickers can i get one free? Did you know what he told me? The economy is bad and nothing in this world is free. W.t.f. Not even a sticker!

ROADRACE MOTORSPORTS STILL OWES ME STICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats a hint guys! its only been what?? 4 months :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I would love to do something like that. I'm 24 in the coast guard, I'm trying to do this has a hobby, I travel a lot cause of my job... I just think it would be fun to do for a little while. Thanks for the information though. I think I'm going to get a few mods of my own and see how that goes and try it your way, thanks again.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey turbo-kits, I'm looking for sponsorship too, donate me a turbo and I'll hook you guys up with the prime retail of a sticker on my front windshield.... I think it's a fair trade. I'm kind of a big deal after all.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Oh, KIA, BTW, very nice written response on sponsorship. You nailed it on the head what I was going to type, but was just to lazy to type it all up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the only way I see this even having a possibility is because the forte and kia are relatively new to the sport compact performance world. the street tuner cars even have a hard time competing because of a lack of aftermarket support. that being said I could see companies "possibly" discounting but as pointed out, you would have to have a track record of either some type of road/drag racing or car shows.

good luck either way.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Do what i did. Go do a mod no one has done and get noticed. Just yesterday this guy at a shop told me my car is one of a kind i should put my car on cardomain.com they will sponser my car quickly. You should look into that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.