Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Automatic Kia Forte Koup 179K Miles. For the pass 2 years my car has slowly gotten worse and I am afraid i put this on hold for too long. Typically if I am at a complete stop at a stop sign or red light or even slowing down at a yield sign, my car tends to jerk. After coming to a complete stop I would press the gas but not hard and my car would take a second to go and when it goes it like jerks/jolts violently. Even when I brake to slow down it'll sometime like stick for a brief second then back to slowing down. Another experience I had was when I put my car in reverse. It'll start to back up then all of a sudden it slowed and then it would stick and the jerk back aggressively. I don't know if its the transmission going bad or maybe i need to change the transmission fluid. I just need help before i pay $100+ for a diagnostic fee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I am getting a project car so that I can be, but I want to use this for commuting. I do have friends who would help with repairs.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
How competent are these friends of yours? Even just checking the level and quality of the transmission fluid in your Forte is a PITA, and requires someone who knows/understands the complete Kia level checking procedure and is willing and able to follow all of the details. Beyond checking the fluid (i.e. if the problem is not the fluid), it would be essential to have an advanced OBD real time datastream reader, which is capable of reading the TCM. Torque for Android is the most popular less expensive of these, although there are many others as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are competent. They have been busy so nobody has had a chance to look at it. I did get an error code but its for something with the brakes saying bad signal from the break switch

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
… I did get an error code but its for something with the brakes saying bad signal from the break switch
Although I don't recall ever seeing anything like that reported for our vehicles, IMO it would have to be a possible cause of the symptoms you've described. If you post the code, I'll take a look to see what I can find out about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
C1503 - Brake Light Switch Circuit Open Or Short but thats it. I need to get another code reader to hook up to diagnose port under the hood

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
C1503 - Brake Light Switch Circuit Open Or Short but thats it. ….
Don't know what you're looking at, but that code is associated with a tire pressure sensor.

… I need to get another code reader to hook up to diagnose port under the hood
No idea what you're referring to there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts