Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this sponsorship agency before? They seem legit but Im always skeptical when it comes to paying first THEN seeing your results.. I mean $100 is a good investment if this site actually does what it says they do but if not, then i just blew $100 on crap. They DO have a 30-day trial where i can get my money back if im not happy with it... Anyone think i should give it a go?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a motorcycle and tried it, they send a e-mail back saying that they didn't have any thing for bikes and they gave me my money back. So they seem legit.

·
Registered
519 Posts
with the money back they still keep $29 processing fee..... im thinking about doing it myself but i dont want them to charge me $99 and someone agrees to sponsor me a $10 part

·
Registered
318 Posts
i did this a while back. its legit and free stuff IF you take pics and have a professional do it and send them the pics and receipt then they will reimburse you for the money you spent and you gatta slap the stickers on your ride to go faster haha. all in all its worth the money i paid the 100 and got stuff for me my brother and all my buddies way cheaper then they could ever get it for and the more stuff you do the more people you get and the better chance of a full on sponsor where everything is free... and you also have to take it to shows and win trophies and whatnot. its worth it if you like doing all of that

·
Registered
519 Posts
my only concern would be no one makes parts for the forte koup in america.... atleast not like whats over seas so what would they really give us? rims? big whoop thats not gunna win a show

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did this with a Focus ZX3 I still have, I paid the $100 bucks or so, and later when I was trying to upgrade my wheels I look the sponsors with them and they had koning (something like that) anyways, I bought the wheels and only spend like $300 bucks versus $800 in townfair. I think its a good deal. And its totally legit.

^^It was Kyowa racing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I did some research on them like a year ago and read a lot of shady shit, so be careful.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive decided to go ahead and give it a shot, theyll be calling tomorrow at 12 noon to collect the payment and get some stuff sent to me!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Im realizing now that theres NOTHING for my Koup on there, we're too unique! Oh well, getting my $99 back no matter what, even if they only wanna give me 79 back Ill fight em for my 99

·
Registered
425 Posts
With companies like this you have to do a ton of your own foot work, live in an area that has regular shows, and do a lot of promotion. You basically pay $99 to advertise for companies in the hope that someone has something they might give you for free. You will still have to spend more time and money to get decent parts, and since the Forte really does not have a lot there is not a lot of value in it. You can go to all the same shows and meet reps from companies and local tuner shop owners and work that angle. In the long run you will get farther by making friends.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, im not doin sponsorship stuff anymore.. unless its a specific COMPANY then MAYBE

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya just go to car shows and introduce yourself to as many people as you can. my dad did that at the mustang car show here in SA and got a bunch of hookups. 3 weeks later and he's got brand new disc brakes, brand new front suspension, and a lot of friends and numbers lol. now none of the stuff was free BUT he got employee discount or something for the work and parts. he told me it came to about 45% off just because he found the right people lol thats what i plan on doing. starting january, im going to try to go to any show in the san antonio, austin, dallas, and houston area that i can. ive printed a list of the shows and marked them on my calender :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya just go to car shows and introduce yourself to as many people as you can. my dad did that at the mustang car show here in SA and got a bunch of hookups. 3 weeks later and he's got brand new disc brakes, brand new front suspension, and a lot of friends and numbers lol. now none of the stuff was free BUT he got employee discount or something for the work and parts. he told me it came to about 45% off just because he found the right people lol thats what i plan on doing. starting january, im going to try to go to any show in the san antonio, austin, dallas, and houston area that i can. ive printed a list of the shows and marked them on my calender :)
DUDE! hook it up! we'll go rock it up! (referring to the list lol)

·
Registered
425 Posts
DUDE! hook it up! we'll go rock it up! (referring to the list lol)
This is how you get parts made. People go to shows, meet reps and talk to them. The information gets shared on forums and people start to ask those companies about parts. With enough interest they start producing. It will be small and 1 or 2 items but in time and with sales more stuff gets made.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts