Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i guess my real question here is should I get the turbokits.com cat back exhaust, or do I get the sx-r package axle back exhaust which is made by vibrant performance.

I understand that with axle back there is no gain in hp, and with cat back there's like 10 hp if that.

Which do you guys think sound better? the turbokits exhaust, or the sx-r exhaust? I think they both sound alright, sx-r one may be a bit deeper and more burbly.

price wise I think the sx-r axle back exhaust made by vibrant performance is cheaper..... so i may go axle back. buuuut part of me want the turbokits cat back because I had a catback on my last car from greddy and the slight hp improvement is nice. ugh damnit such a hard decision!

ANY advice?:confused:

also, anyone know if Greddy plans on making an exhaust system for the koup 2.4?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Take a look at the factory Mid pipe and then our mid pipe, that should make your decision easy :)

ok, so i guess my real question here is should I get the turbokits.com cat back exhaust, or do I get the sx-r package axle back exhaust which is made by vibrant performance.

I understand that with axle back there is no gain in hp, and with cat back there's like 10 hp if that.

Which do you guys think sound better? the turbokits exhaust, or the sx-r exhaust? I think they both sound alright, sx-r one may be a bit deeper and more burbly.

price wise I think the sx-r axle back exhaust made by vibrant performance is cheaper..... so i may go axle back. buuuut part of me want the turbokits cat back because I had a catback on my last car from greddy and the slight hp improvement is nice. ugh damnit such a hard decision!

ANY advice?:confused:

also, anyone know if Greddy plans on making an exhaust system for the koup 2.4?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I'm very satisfied with the Kia R axle-back exhaust.
IMO, it emits the right deep exhaust tone from this 2.4 ltr. motor.
I also like the looks of the dual outlet piping at the rear of the muffler with classy tips that are angled to flow nicely with the rear bumper.
The juicy sounds this exhaust provides when you let off the throttle is also super sweet.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
If you're just wanting the sound the ABE would be sufficient.

If you want the most performance for your money the CBE is a better choice.

The factory piping gets down to less than 1.75" ID at several locations (Muffler ends, Resonator ends)

·
Registered
30 Posts
i would love to get the axle back sx-r exhaust. it sounds so nice. i love the deep tone that it has. i only have one problem. i cant find it anywhere. i looked on vibrant performance and its not on there. can anybody help me?

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would love to get the axle back sx-r exhaust. it sounds so nice. i love the deep tone that it has. i only have one problem. i cant find it anywhere. i looked on vibrant performance and its not on there. can anybody help me?
me too! i can't find pricing information anywhere :(

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I retract my previous statement. I had one of the guys at my kia dealership do price checks on everything in the sx-r package (just remembered and found the paper he wrote on lol). Don't know how to get them, but my best guess is have the dealer have them direct shipped to them.

Prices are in Canada $

473.83 Front skirt - 9999776 1MF
473.83 Side skirts - 99997761 MS
564.55 Spoiler lip - 99997761 MW
30.25 R badges - 99997761 MR
94.45 R door sills - 99997761 MRBS
51.48 Airfilter - 99996241 M01
574.55 Axle back exhaust - 99997921 M01

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
36 Posts
not gunna lie I've been debating which exhaust to get this spring and if there aren't any others made available its gunna be the sx-r axle back.
all the others I've heard just don't compare either high pitched, bad backfire sound... compared to the deep tone throughout the rpm's the vibrant muffler

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not gunna lie I've been debating which exhaust to get this spring and if there aren't any others made available its gunna be the sx-r axle back.
all the others I've heard just don't compare either high pitched, bad backfire sound... compared to the deep tone throughout the rpm's the vibrant muffler
I agree! I love the sound of the SX-R kit exhaust... i think im going to get it :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wasn't aware we could even get that in the us. From what was said on these forums. It's a Canada only part. But if you can get it then right on. It really comes down to what makes you happy.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasn't aware we could even get that in the us. From what was said on these forums. It's a Canada only part. But if you can get it then right on. It really comes down to what makes you happy.
if they make it, there's a way to get it... with anything really. It's all a matter of who can get it for you. Just contact your local kia dealer with the part numbers, and you should be fine. If not ask around. :D

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
If you're ever near me you could hear my catback it's made by Solo and it's cheaper than the Koup-R ABE.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you're ever near me you could hear my catback it's made by Solo and it's cheaper than the Koup-R ABE.

not to hijack the thread but how do u like to solo exhaust and what combo did u geT?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
not to hijack the thread but how do u like to solo exhaust and what combo did u geT?
I love it. I got the long Mach muffler and the QR resonator. It's not too loud but it has a great deep growl when you step on it. When you decel there's a nice low quiet rumble.

I got an extra 11hp and 11tq out of it and 2 mpgs. The power delivery is now a constant pull across all 5 gears.

Some may say it's not loud enough but its my daily and I didn't want it much louder than stock. If you want loud you should get the short Mach muffler and MR resonator.

Figured I'd mention for the guys in Toronto there's a great shop that'll do the install called Zoro Muffler you could contact solo and see if you can do a local pick up of the parts to save shipping.

·
Registered
519 Posts
does anyone know if the SXR axle back would be considered "factory" in the US so it wouldnt effect warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
You should call a us dealer if the part number exsist with kia then it should be fine

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ya I just figure if it exists under canada kia dealerships and is a factory part # then it shouldn't violate us warranties....

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Ya I just figure if it exists under canada kia dealerships and is a factory part # then it shouldn't violate us warranties....
It'll be hard to prove that it damaged anything that's for sure and the fact it's a Kia part will be hard for Kia for fight for their stance.

·
Registered
519 Posts
alright awesome.... i want to start modding but i dont wanna void my 10yr 100,000 warranty for 10 more hp lol so if i can do it safely id be happy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.