Kia Forte Forum banner

"cat back" vs "axle back"

6K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  COOKIE FORTE 
#1 ·
ok, so i guess my real question here is should I get the turbokits.com cat back exhaust, or do I get the sx-r package axle back exhaust which is made by vibrant performance.

I understand that with axle back there is no gain in hp, and with cat back there's like 10 hp if that.

Which do you guys think sound better? the turbokits exhaust, or the sx-r exhaust? I think they both sound alright, sx-r one may be a bit deeper and more burbly.

price wise I think the sx-r axle back exhaust made by vibrant performance is cheaper..... so i may go axle back. buuuut part of me want the turbokits cat back because I had a catback on my last car from greddy and the slight hp improvement is nice. ugh damnit such a hard decision!

ANY advice?:confused:

also, anyone know if Greddy plans on making an exhaust system for the koup 2.4?

#4 ·
I'm very satisfied with the Kia R axle-back exhaust.
IMO, it emits the right deep exhaust tone from this 2.4 ltr. motor.
I also like the looks of the dual outlet piping at the rear of the muffler with classy tips that are angled to flow nicely with the rear bumper.
The juicy sounds this exhaust provides when you let off the throttle is also super sweet.

#7 ·
me too! i can't find pricing information anywhere :(

#9 ·
not gunna lie I've been debating which exhaust to get this spring and if there aren't any others made available its gunna be the sx-r axle back.
all the others I've heard just don't compare either high pitched, bad backfire sound... compared to the deep tone throughout the rpm's the vibrant muffler

#10 ·
I agree! I love the sound of the SX-R kit exhaust... i think im going to get it :)

#11 ·
I wasn't aware we could even get that in the us. From what was said on these forums. It's a Canada only part. But if you can get it then right on. It really comes down to what makes you happy.

#12 ·
if they make it, there's a way to get it... with anything really. It's all a matter of who can get it for you. Just contact your local kia dealer with the part numbers, and you should be fine. If not ask around. :D

#19 ·
It'll be hard to prove that it damaged anything that's for sure and the fact it's a Kia part will be hard for Kia for fight for their stance.

#20 ·
alright awesome.... i want to start modding but i dont wanna void my 10yr 100,000 warranty for 10 more hp lol so if i can do it safely id be happy

#21 ·
They have to really hate you to void it over basically a OE muffler change.

You won't get 10HP out of just a muffler change.

#24 ·
what about JunBL CAB? anyone here have installed it? the 2 dual exhaust tips looks real sweet!! i like the sound as well..

#25 ·
what about JunBL CAB? anyone here have installed it? the 2 dual exhaust tips looks real sweet!! i like the sound as well..

YouTube - [???? GDi] ??? ?? ??? ??
I do believe those were made for the 1.6L. And the piping size is only 2"
the stock for the 1.6L is 1.75". At least that's what I can assume from pictures comparing the bottom of a 2.0L NA spec forte to a Asian spec Forte with a 1.6L.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.