Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day, was hoping for some help with installing a 3-port catch can. Bit late to the party, already racked up 175,000 kms and have had to do a few superficial carbon treatments.

I may have jumped the gun and bought a 3 port can (2 inlets), thinking of connecting the PCV and blow-by into the inlets. But I've read the thread below and it appears that would be the wrong way.

Just want to check what my options are, should I leave the blow-by and just connect the PCV (blocking off the other inlet in the 3 port can). I'm happy just replicating the setup above with a standard catch can and some breathers (or not).

Pic of 3 port catch can:

Cheers!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
Reactions: TWO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. I think I'll just do that.

Do you have any recommendation on the blow-by side of things? Just I just leave it connected to the air intake tube, or put breathers on either side like the link in my OP?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
Thanks mate. I think I'll just do that.

Do you have any recommendation on the blow-by side of things? Just I just leave it connected to the air intake tube, or put breathers on either side like the link in my OP?
That's a personal decision... The blow-by air is a fuel-air crankcase mixture car manufactures capture by sucking it into the intake system. It also includes small traces of oil - some people use catch cans here too...but most don't find as much oil in the catch can of the blow by system. If you're not concerned about the air fuel mixture to atmosphere you need to put a filter on it since that tube is the filtered intake air for the PCV system at idle and normal operation. You will find that the filter will become "oiled", especially if you are heavy with your foot on the throttle...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts