Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2
I totally understand the reason for these, but like why are there people saying that they can blow out your rings from over pressure 馃槄 do turbos actually need some kind of vent or something. I'm guessing not because I don't see any of you guys using them, don't know if it's be any different for the 2022. Also I love how these other ones look but it's it harmful to get the ones that are alot cheaper than 100+? And what braided likes are you guys using 3/8in ID ones or what?

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
The PCV hose is 3/8". I used regular fuel line.

Registered
I'd bet the CCV doesn't get dirty because of the newness of these engines. Once the engines get miles on them and the rings have worn enough for blowby to increase I bet the CCV will get dirtier.

This was common on old cars - they had a CCV filter in the air cleaner box - and you never had to replace the filter until the miles racked up and the blowby from the crankcase increased - then you had to replace the filter because it was full of oil.

View attachment 87550
The last time I saw an air filter pan/box was in my father in laws 87 GMC high Sierra HD 2500 double cab long bed dual gas tanks 5.7L.

Man that truck 400,000 miles bought from the high school & always started on the 1st turn of the key. Had the oem stereo blue adapted for phone calls. That truck was awesome. A neighbor bought it from us for $5,000. He would see me drive it as family daily. He took the transmission & engine in his truck. We hear that engine every time he drives down the street.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window
same style. just maroon

Registered
Hello, I just received my add1 v3.3 catch can for the forte gt 2020 but I dont know which hoses connect where. Is there anyway someone can send me a video of your connections, or a install video? The ones I find on YouTube are either not the right model car, or the wrong model catch can (like the 6th element 2port can). Thanks for any help you can offer in advance!

btw: I now know where the pcv valve hose connection is. I also did several upgrades to a 95 camaro z28- so I know some general knowledge like intake and throttle bodies and what not. But this is my first car with a different looking engine that im used to. Thats why visuals would really help lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts