Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Call the dealer and let them know. I actually haven't used my cd player yet between the iPod and sat radio. Good luck and post your experiences.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Call the dealer and let them know. I actually haven't used my cd player yet between the iPod and sat radio. Good luck and post your experiences.
Same here Have been using SAT, but had a cd in and wanted to get it out and it wont

·
Registered
644 Posts
I put in a cd, made sure it worked, then took it out and haven't touched it since lol.

I haven't had any problems with my forte 2 months in :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also had this happen to me with a CD. I also could hear the motor inside like it was grinding (struggling) to re-insert the disc into position. I finally killed the ignition for a 5 minute stop and then hit eject once again and it came out fine. It never happened again. So you may want to try ejecting just after restarting the car (or key in the ON position and engine off longer than 5 min) and see if all is well again like mine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
speaking of CD players, my CD player makes the discs UBER hot, like, if it's been playing, even at night without the sun heating up the dashboard, if I eject the disc, it's too hot to hold.

Has anyone else experienced this? I actually haven't searched the forum for this yet, I was reading this thread and just thought about. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
973 Posts
speaking of CD players, my CD player makes the discs UBER hot, like, if it's been playing, even at night without the sun heating up the dashboard, if I eject the disc, it's too hot to hold.

Has anyone else experienced this? I actually haven't searched the forum for this yet, I was reading this thread and just thought about. thanks in advance.
mines the same, even after a sort of hot day, not even playing the disc, its extremely hot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
mine works fine and i use mine once or twice a day when i get bored of Sat radio.

I deliver Pizza so im stuck in my car 7-10 hours a day, a fun 7-10 hours, but just radio gets old now n then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
mines the same, even after a sort of hot day, not even playing the disc, its extremely hot.
I guess it's good to know I'm not alone. It is weird, though, huh? I wonder if it is going to become an issue as the car gets older.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hm, now that I've come to think of it, I've never tried out my CD player... Nokia N86 using built-in FM transmitter serves perfectly fine.

I'll check it out and report back :)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Disconnect the battery and reconnect. 90% of optical drive players eject on boot. Lemme know!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Yep some people do, especially when the quality is often better than anything off iTunes, and it's easier than spending all the extra time ripping to a format known for it's quality issues even at the highest bit rates.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I have discovered that most mp3 players that are optical, and play cd's make them ultra hot. I have no idea why. I had to bring my car back to the dealer in the first week because my deck went out.... Don't feel bad....
just for giggles, are they audio cds or mp3?((((( getting hot))))

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.