Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played my first CD a new 2009 issue with embedded song title, artist and album. I know you can get the rest of the info by cycling thru the info. The default shown is track number, kind of useless information. Is there a way to make the default the song title?

How did they forget to put HD in this radio?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The short answer is "Yup".
I did my research and there is no CD Text, no HD Radio, no radio text either.
If you are looking into getting the Artist and Text, you are better off having your CD ripped on a computer to either MP3 or WMA formats. With MP3 you could use CDex or Windows Media Player for the WMA. The limitations for each format is as follows:
MP3 > 320 Kbps
WMA > 192 Kbps

I checked Crutchfield to see if they had researched the Car and they gave me this "official" response:
Thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the Crutchfield web site.

We are currently working on researching the 2010 vehicles, but it will take a little time I am afraid. We have to take apart each location of each vehicle while documenting the dimensions in addition to taking pictures of the installation process. We usually try to have as many of them researched by the summer when car audio peaks.

Thanks again for your e-mail. Please let me know whenever you need anything else.

On other forums there were people that updated car's sound system with "enhancers" and replacing the speakers, but as far as adding a third party deck, that has yet to be done. The difficulties would be due to the fact that the design of the Bluetooth and the steering wheel would be so integrated that adding the third party deck would cause car operation issues.

So if HD radio is needed, a recommentation is to use the AUX port of the radio with a external HD Radio. I used the AUX port with my XM Express since I still had my XM service.
A quick note on XM, and my opinion: I like XM's sound quality better and found it odd that Hyndai uses XM for their satelite radio on cars like Sonata. Kia has chosen Sirius which I find sounds poor, but alas, I must deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts