Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I remote started the GT today and came out to a CEL. When I tried to drive it was in limp mode. I disconnected the battery for a half hour and reconnected- still the same. Car is just over a year old with about 10,000 kms and no engine mods.

KIA towed it to the dealer, but not before the tow truck driver put the wheel chocks too close to the body, and when he lifted, he pushed up and cracked off my bumper at the quarter panel FTL.

They will likely be looking at it tomorrow.

To be continued!…

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,412 Posts
That's why I own an OBDII scan tool...to know what is wrong before handing my car to someone who really could care less about it.

Keep us informed!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I own an OBDII scan tool...to know what is wrong before handing my car to someone who really could care less about it.

Keep us informed!
I have a KIWI OBDII scanner as well; but since it’s under warranty and I have complimentary towing, I decided to let them sort it out as I have too much on my plate this week to sort it out.

·
Administrator
723 Posts
Yeah I finally caved in a few months ago and bought one of them Bluetooth ODBII scanners from Amazon to replace my very old one which required being plugged into a laptop... Cost like $25. Small enough to keep in the glovebox/center console or even plugged in full-time.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
813 Posts
Update. It needs a new engine harness which is on back order due to Covid supply chain issues lmao.
Oof. That’s a bummer. Sorry to hear it

Reactions: anonimaus

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,412 Posts
Update. It needs a new engine harness which is on back order due to Covid supply chain issues lmao.
Did they tell you what is wrong with the harness? Chaffing, burnt, broken?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any chance you live in an area with Mice?
No, and I’m super meticulous with my car. I just had my dealer installed fogs fail a few eeeks ago. I suspected that they had gotten water bathed by a small hole in my undertray, but they are sealed units ultimately. The dealer checked and showed power to the harness, but no power to the fogs. I checked the wires and they were all fine; it was totally perplexing as there was zero reason for the fogs to not work. I pulled the harness and was waiting for the dealer to see if they could source me a new fog harness; but now I think it was all related to the engine harness failure.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
.... I just had my dealer installed fogs fail a few weeks ago. ...
It would normally take an external event to damage a harness, and my betting money would be on the dealer installation as being the cause of the engine harness failure, but I'm sure they would never admit to that. And instead of just waiting for some unknown (and possibly lengthy) amount of time for the new harness, a quality shop would at least make a reasonable effort to do whatever patching of the damaged harness is required, in order to get your vehicle back on the road. But that would likely be expecting way too much from a typical stealership service department.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are saying mid-august minimum for the harness. I’ll be on them tomorrow to arrange alternate transportation can’t be stranded for two months lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Shitty to hear it will be that long...make them give you a comparable loaner.

What about the bumper being practically ripped off by the jackass tow man? Who's fixing and paying for that?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Damn…. Irritating on so many levels. But the towing alone is unforgivable . Complimentary….. by the lowest cost vendor available I’d imagine . A new vehicle should be flat bedded….

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So they were going to give me a Ford Escape and have me swap when a “compact” came in. And this one pulled in fresh from an oil change and I asked “can I take that?”

So I have a 2022 Hyundai Kona. It’ll be a decent enough place to be until the Forte gets fixed. But it’s molasses slow with a basic autobox and no advanced manual shifting features. Sport mode just makes it sit 1000 rpm’s higher for no reason. Interior is like 1990s era hard plasticky cheap feeling which was a total surprise TBH, based on how my Forte interior feels. Even the power mirror And window switches feel hollow and crappy when you use them.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So; I’m an art director in advertising and as such have to spend endless time not only writing words, and paying close intention to the subtle inflections, but I have also been through criminal and civil trials as a victim of a drunk driver.
So in layman’s terms, I hear what you are saying; but am very very attentive to “what you are actually saying”

So my dealer today, got me set up with a rental, told me they are talking to service about harness ETA, and then said, they are working on a “quote” for my bumper that the tow truck driver broke.

The subtle language has me expecting that they are going to try and download that cost to me because the tow truck provider was another non-KIA party, even though it was a part of their roadside assistance,

Don’t want to be cynical; but I’ll keep you all posted! I’ve been nothing but kind and gracious with them, and I suspect my fog harness failure issue was an engine harness issue at the outset. So I’ll have to eat the price of a full fog kit replacement as it is already.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts