Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, future koup owner here...currently driving my toyota celica (pics below), which im selling. already tired of my little celica so its off to better things. i test drove a koup last week and wow its an amazing car! unfortunately it was not a six-speed but never the less i fell in love with the car..ive been researching on this car for a while and its a MUST on my list. im enlisted in the airforce and currently waiting to leave to basic training in a few months. my plans are to sell my car and from leaving basic training its straight to the kia dealership in San Antonio for my new koup. i want to get the 2011, gotta have the LED tails, god they look nice! :D

heres pics of my current car :)

Flickr: alfycadena's Photostream

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
well welcomeee! :D Another texas memberrrr! You're actually from my best guy friend's hometown! Well none the less welcome welcome! You can find a lot of info on this site!!! Hope you're here to stayyyy! lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much :)....yeah im pretty sure im going to stay, god i fell in love with that damn kia lol sucks that most mod parts for the car are over seas in korea though, but seems that everyones managed so far.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
San Antonio here. We just had a meet on Friday. Too bad you weren't informed to join us!

How many miles on the Celica? How much is the dealer trade-in? (One of my stable collection goals during my lifetime.) I actually told my husband a few weeks ago I want him to cut my hood and modify it to look more like the Celica hoods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many miles on the Celica? How much is the dealer trade-in?
my celica has around 26,000 miles. i blew my engine a while back and ordered a new one for $2000 with great low mileage...i actually havn't taken my celica to the kia dealership..i might sell it to my friend if he comes through for 4G's which isnt bad here in the valley..everybody here is cheap!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
^^^ Lol the valley... my friend calls it that too. Lol I hope things go well with your deal. I know how fickle people can be. Lolol.

Psssst... What color you thinking of getting? :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well.. my bud had a toyota celica that he did a lot of work too. Those cars are very fun to drive, you'll be getting pretty much the same thing, with a few more horses! And a lot of great in-car features! I remember we use to take that thing into the city and everyone would be trying to race him! He had the TRD body kid, with a full greddy racing exhaust and a SRI. Looked and sounded so nice, but you are making a great choice here. I'm a toyota buff myself, and I'm very happy I went to KIA! Goodluck and thanks for what you do for our country!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
my celica has around 26,000 miles. i blew my engine a while back and ordered a new one for $2000 with great low mileage...i actually havn't taken my celica to the kia dealership..i might sell it to my friend if he comes through for 4G's which isnt bad here in the valley..everybody here is cheap!!

LOL $4k? A car that can't run within a few hours repair time is never worth more than $500 to me. Take your buddy on his offer while you can!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've always been a big toyota fan myself (a little biased as my dad owns a toyota dealership), however once he bought a KIA dealership I just had to try out the Koup. I love it :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^ Lol the valley... my friend calls it that too. Lol I hope things go well with your deal. I know how fickle people can be. Lolol.

Psssst... What color you thinking of getting? :p
lol yup its the RGV! :) my friend called me and said hes like 80% sure he wants the car, so thats very good for me..oh and i plan to get racing red or white :) black sucks, always gets dirty!

Well.. my bud had a toyota celica that he did a lot of work too. Those cars are very fun to drive, you'll be getting pretty much the same thing, with a few more horses! And a lot of great in-car features! I remember we use to take that thing into the city and everyone would be trying to race him! He had the TRD body kid, with a full greddy racing exhaust and a SRI. Looked and sounded so nice, but you are making a great choice here. I'm a toyota buff myself, and I'm very happy I went to KIA! Goodluck and thanks for what you do for our country!
haha same here! the people down here are always trying to race whatever has a set of rims or an exhaust! its madness! yeah i am going to miss my celi thought, your right btw its a really fun car to drive :)

LOL $4k? A car that can't run within a few hours repair time is never worth more than $500 to me. Take your buddy on his offer while you can!!
no, my car does run..i swapped the engine already a long time ago..4 grand is a descent price for a good, reliable, working car :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts