Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, just here posting too see if anyone has had this same problem with their koup or even sedan.

whenever i have my music low enough to hear it, there is a constant shaking and rattle that for the life of me i cant find. it sounds like its coming directly from the area where the center console meets the radio/climate control setup. it is soooo damn annoying and i cant figure out what it is. so anyone whose had anything similar to this happen and found a way to fix it pleeeassseee let me know!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yep they do, might take a little persistence though. I had my car for a month and was getting a weird rattle, sounded like it was coming from behind the glove box. It only happened at highway speeds. Turned out it was something stupid like a clip that hold wires together, it broke and was bouncing around in the fender of the car. Took the fools at the dealer all day to figure it out. But got it fixed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had this, seemed to only happen in cold weather though. Did you ever get it figured out?

I am still getting a rattle that sounds as if it is coming from the front, however after further investigation it is coming from somewhere in the back of the car. I havent been able to narrow it down yet as usually the people sitting in the back are no help in such matters! Im hoping its something silly, but its not the seat belts I know that.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Heres everything I have gathered on "noise" heard in Forte.

- tsb on Sunroof noise
- tsb on front windows (its more of a whistle)
- noise due to side window pillers (need adjusting)
- noise related to rear panel
- noise found rear fender wells:pass rear inner wheel well cover towards the back of the bumper (just below where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel) if it seems really loose
- info - may not be related: new Sorrento has centre console noise plastic tick or snap noise: techs are adding felt to 2 forward locating tabs.

·
Registered
576 Posts
when car is cold I have a rattle that at first seemed to come from the area around the radio and center airvent finally I found it. It was coming from where the dash meets the windscreen I jammed a small piece of hard rubber between the two now no rattle. Rattles are hard to locate as they appear to come from one area but you end up finding it is actually a totally different part that causes it.
I tend to take a while before locating and trying to fix them and look in the most unsuspecting areas for them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts