Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone needs to remove the centre fascia, the instructions on KiaTechInfo are incorrect (go figure).

Here's what you need to do:

1. Remove both centre air vents (gently pry them out; I recommend using a soft plastic trim crowbar)

2. Remove the 4 screws holding in the head unit.

3. At the bottom of the fascia, there are two small openings. Insert a flathead screwdriver into each to pry the bottom out.

4. Grab the top of the fascia (where the air vent were) and pull slowly, but firmly. I reccomend using gloves since the damn plastic is sharp. This is the most difficult part, since you'll think you may break the plastic, but you do need to pull hard. Thank you Kia for this pain in the ass.

4. Unplug all the harnesses.

5. Depending on what you're doing, you may need to remove either the 4-way, the head onit, and/or the heater control. they are screwed into the fascia.

I know now why manufacturers are slow to come with a dash kit for aftermarket stereo. When they finally come out with one, you can bet it'll be at least twice the price of the regular kit.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
What exactly is wrong with the Kia instructions...if it is the vents they do have a TSB on the proper removal.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Kia instructions state that after you pull out the vents, you simply pull out the fascia. This cannot be done before removing the stereo bracket screws (x4), which they have listed as the next step. Trying to pull the fascia out beforehand may result in you breaking it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was doing some vinyl-wrap accents. Still have to do some fine trimming inside the ducts. Not 100% happy with the results, but it's only meant to be a temporary solution. Thinking about a dash kit in the spring, but first I have to decide whether I'll be putting in a navigation unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was doing some vinyl-wrap accents. Still have to do some fine trimming inside the ducts. Not 100% happy with the results, but it's only meant to be a temporary solution. Thinking about a dash kit in the spring, but first I have to decide whether I'll be putting in a navigation unit.
Why do you have a sat radio there if you have one built in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts