Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanting to know of anyone else here that has the external Harman amp in their car and have hooked up a line output converter to it.

I am very keen to find out where they tapped into the speaker signals for the LOC as I suspect my installer has done something not quite right.

After it was all installed with an amp etc, my left stock tweeter lasted a matter of days and blew. So I decided to get a whole set of Hertz coaxials and component speakers. and now I have had some distortion and crackling from my tweeter on the left again! :( I don't know what's going on.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,426 Posts
I'm not "up" on speaker/audio systems - but it might help if you state the year and trim of your Cerato/Forte.

2019-up...this help any?

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Handwriting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey. Yeah thats mine. It's august 2020 build. Yeah mine are connected to the front tweeter signals. Is that a full signal? why does it only say tweeter?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey. Yeah thats mine. It's august 2020 build. Yeah mine are connected to the front tweeter signals. Is that a full signal? why does it only say tweeter?
You should tap the subwoofer in the deck, no need to tap at the amplifier.

This is why I like SAS Bass Tubes, simple, simple, simple. No separate LOC to install, no separate amp to install.

Four wires (left and right, positive and negative), 12 volt power, ground and that's it. No need for a remote turn-on.

Plenty of bass, easily out runs the stock HK system, my gains are 1/4-3/8 of full.

Now the mains aren't loud enough and there's more in the tube.

Highly recommended, the only people that talk trash about Bazooka tubes:

1) Haven't had one
2) Installed it wrong

1 is typical of the internet
2 it must be corner loaded

In a sedan it is suggested that the output (the speaker side of the tube) fires into the rear corner of the vehicle, the output fires into an L shaped corner of the car.

The result is tremendous bass without taking up too much room or using a ton of power.

I have installed a ton of these and owned a few of them. It's been in my Focus ST, Neon SRT-4 and now the Forte GT.

The woofer was damaged from being overdriven in the SRT-4, simple replacement ($50) sub and it's been working ever since.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line Fire Orange
37 Posts
You should tap the subwoofer in the deck, no need to tap at the amplifier.

This is why I like SAS Bass Tubes, simple, simple, simple. No separate LOC to install, no separate amp to install.

Four wires (left and right, positive and negative), 12 volt power, ground and that's it. No need for a remote turn-on.

Plenty of bass, easily out runs the stock HK system, my gains are 1/4-3/8 of full.

Now the mains aren't loud enough and there's more in the tube.

Highly recommended, the only people that talk trash about Bazooka tubes:

1) Haven't had one
2) Installed it wrong

1 is typical of the internet
2 it must be corner loaded

In a sedan it is suggested that the output (the speaker side of the tube) fires into the rear corner of the vehicle, the output fires into an L shaped corner of the car.

The result is tremendous bass without taking up too much room or using a ton of power.

I have installed a ton of these and owned a few of them. It's been in my Focus ST, Neon SRT-4 and now the Forte GT.

The woofer was damaged from being overdriven in the SRT-4, simple replacement ($50) sub and it's been working ever since.
A couple of questions, 1) what size did you use? (2) how many watts is the one you use? (3) where did you wire it up to? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
342 Posts
A couple of questions, 1) what size did you use? (2) how many watts is the one you use? (3) where did you wire it up to? Thanks in advance
1) 8 Inches
2) 50W
3) 8 awg wire (the harness has plenty of wire) up through the firewall (remove the battery and PCM to get to the grommet) and to the battery, has fuse holder, actually you could tie into the stock harness to get power but this is what I have always done.

No remote turn-on is required, it uses current sensing IE music playing before it turns on automatically. The downside is if volume is way down there might be a slight delay as you turn it up before it comes back on. If you have the system at a moderate volume at all times when you enter/exit the vehicle it won't turn off.

Ground, used a wide ring crimp and installed under of the seat belt anchor bolt.

Posi-taps, positive and negative on the right side of the factory sub, same on the left side. That provides the signal to the tube.

Everything is included in the box.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would add -

If you listen to 70's and 80's music it's is a little flat because of the average home listeners equipment of the era.

As fidelity increased and technology made into speaker development things got better and mastering got more aggressive with bass and loudness.

What I mean is this any music from the 90's onward hits hard even with moderate settings. But play some rock, disco, R&B even rap from the Linn drum era (the TR-808 was considered a failure, the familiar bass decay that it's known for didn't happen until the late 80's) and it kinda falls flat so you can give the tube a nice dolup of gain.

50w tube doesn't have that option so I recommend the 100w tube and optional remote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts