Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(P.S, I used your car Killed in Action, hope you dont mind).

I know its not well done, but practically would this design work in doing the following:

1) Lighter Weight of Hood (CF)
2) Allow more air to be scooped into the front scoop.
3) Allow hot air to rise through the top two vents

4) Win - Win Situation? :p

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
spread the vents out about 6 inches and 4 inches toward the front of the car

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This is how they would be placed compared to the engine bay.

@Justin: If i spread them 6 inches more apart.. the right vent will be useless sort of and over the fuse box..
I can bring them in closer yeah.. that seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im just looking for the most practical + beautiful design for a CF hood. Any other ideas? I know the best thing to do would be.. actually to take a thermal image of the hood after an hour of driving, but I don't have that technology lols.

Another thing.. would you guys buy it? This design I mean.. Does it appeal to you? and if not.. what would you like to see.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
definently. find someone with the thermal imager and work off that. that is if there is someone around that's got one.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definently. find someone with the thermal imager and work off that. that is if there is someone around that's got one.
Yeah, thats the question if someone has one here... Anyone kind enough to pass some pictures (if you do have a thermal imaging camera)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
although, in my 2.0 the way i have my cai set up is i have the original intake still in because the 2.0 auto has 2 hoses that go into it and the turbokits.com cai only has one spot on the cai for a hose, thus keeping it still useful for keeping the ecu cooled off. i like the idea

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At that same time though the design may be rendered useless if you upgrade to a CAI, a Turbo, etc. Depending upon the companies product, it may make the cowl unless this leaving you with a non-functional hood scoop.
Hmm good point, but we have to see that the average (higher percentage of people) will not turbo the car, I don't think the CAI is much of a problem with this design if it still requires air from the original intake, keep in mind with the additional air through the scoop it will be a much cooler place in there, so an ideal upgrade regardless of the position of the scoop. However, I am going the extra mile in determining a key position where to place certain vents. :).. But thanks for the thought, it has provided me with another dimension of questions lol.

although, in my 2.0 the way i have my cai set up is i have the original intake still in because the 2.0 auto has 2 hoses that go into it and the turbokits.com cai only has one spot on the cai for a hose, thus keeping it still useful for keeping the ecu cooled off. i like the idea
I actually would like to see a shot of your engine bay if you don't mind aiden :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've actually been think of a hood like this also since I've got my car like the srt and camaro style hoods to utilize the stock intake better

2,213 Posts
That looks awesome, you can use my car whenever! I was actually thinking about putting a hood scoop on, but I couldn't figure out a way to prevent soaking the whole engine compartment and shorting everything out lol but if someone made a hood like this, I'd definitely get it, good job main!!!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
C/F hood Idea,

WOW.. I've been thinking of something just about like this
Like the idea and the look of this!
I'd be very happy to run a C/F hood like this one.

(when you make yours :) make me one two )

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've actually been think of a hood like this also since I've got my car like the srt and camaro style hoods to utilize the stock intake better
Yeah it does look like an srt4 hood.. I just checked that out, but tbh I didn't copy that design.. lol I didn't see the SRT4 hoods before I made this design. Lets see, if this is practical enough.

That looks awesome, you can use my car whenever! I was actually thinking about putting a hood scoop on, but I couldn't figure out a way to prevent soaking the whole engine compartment and shorting everything out lol but if someone made a hood like this, I'd definitely get it, good job main!!!!
Hehe, right now there are a lot of questions unanswered.
1) Ideal place for the vents (most heated places)
2) Compensating for the rain / snow
3) Possible way to block the scoop and vents in case of rain / snow.

These are just the basic ideas going through my head. But thanks! I'll def keep it updated as much as I can, hoping to find a good design which is both functional and appealing.

Ill post some pics later on today :)
Thanks bro :)

C/F hood Idea,

WOW.. I've been thinking of something just about like this
Like the idea and the look of this!
I'd be very happy to run a C/F hood like this one.

(when you make yours :) make me one two )
lol.. the hard part is figuring out a practical design to work in sun / rain / snow & making the fiberglass mold.. once thats done, the others are relatively easier. Thanks for liking the design, it may change, hehe we shall see how far this idea goes.

Main!!! GREAT IDEA!!! lol
Thanks K.o :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

kinda like that?
Quite nice.. However I don't think the hood scoop position would help the forte.. the Colbalt's one is further back and the vents at the top are closer together.. our block is mostly on the left so it would be more beneficial to have the vents further out, but not too far to reach the fuse box on the right :)..

Otherwise, Im estimating the hood scoop to look similar to a mini cooper S from works. Something that would be more intune with the natural lines of the forte, rather than a more raised scoop.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I like the hood scoop you've got......I'm not as much of a fan of the vents. As an idea, here's a pic of the RKSport Viper Hood for the Dodge Magnum. Could you somehow superimpose the vent designs on your original? thanks!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.