Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to change my amber turn signal bulbs to the silverstar blue type and checked out teh area where the bulbs go in at and it looks almost impossible to change without removing the entire headlight. Does it have to be removed to change the bulb? Also, I see it calls for a 2357 bulb. I read that a 1157 work, will it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I do not recommend using a blue bulb in the turn signal. You do have to take the headlight out to remove the bulb and 1157 will work. By the way...you arent using this for everyday driving are you???

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Most states (if not all) require turn signals be amber.
If you are looking to get something in the 8000K+ range while driving, look into switchbacks. Lots of forum posts about them.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
For those that don't know the silverstar bulbs have a metallic blue look to them when they are off and glow amber when lit. People use them to get rid of the amber lenses and amber reflection from the bulb to give the car a clean look. I've used them on Cobalts before...but I didn't have luck with longivity with them either!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I do not recommend using a blue bulb in the turn signal. You do have to take the headlight out to remove the bulb and 1157 will work. By the way...you arent using this for everyday driving are you???
1157 is the part number I've always referred to for the turn signal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those that don't know the silverstar bulbs have a metallic blue look to them when they are off and glow amber when lit. People use them to get rid of the amber lenses and amber reflection from the bulb to give the car a clean look.

Exactly the look I'm going for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts