Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an SX sedan and was wondering how to change the temperature display both for inside and outside to Celcius from F. there was nothing in the owners manual that i could find. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
I have the same problem with Kia Forte LX 2011. But there ara no Off and Auto buttons for me. My Air condiiton sysrtem is manual. So, how can I change the F to C ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
just got an SX sedan and was wondering how to change the temperature display both for inside and outside to Celcius from F. there was nothing in the owners manual that i could find. thanks
You should carrefully read your owners manual ;)

Nick

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
You should carrefully read your owners manual ;)

Nick

I read the owners Manual and still don't know how to do it...there is a "H" button and an "M" button in the picture -- where are the "OFF" and AUTO" buttons? Are they referring to the "H" and "M" buttons or other buttons? I have a 2010 so don't know if the 2011 is the same...fact is the owners manual is not helpful...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok. I find the solution. You have to press H and M buttons (Hour and minute) for 2-3 seconds. Not more, because it will start to change time from 12 hours to 24 hours display. So press for 2-3 seconds and release them. Now you have Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. :)

And, by the way. There is no information about that on manual. Only "Off and Auto Buttons".

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ok. I find the solution. You have to press H and M buttons (Hour and minute) for 2-3 seconds. Not more, because it will start to change time from 12 hours to 24 hours display. So press for 2-3 seconds and release them. Now you have Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. :)

And, by the way. There is no information about that on manual. Only "Off and Auto Buttons".
yes this is right. The manual missed this point on the '11's. I had to play around and found it by accident.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also had this problem with my 2011 Forte EX after the not so reliable digital clock had the problems notorious for Fortes. I found the fix for the clock on kiatechinfo.com, it was the Technical Service Bulletin called "Service Action: Forte Digital Clock Adjustment (SA073)". However, this did nothing for me for the temperature as the fix for the clock changes the temperature display to F. The manual was useless for anything but the SX as the LX and EX have manual temperature controls. This forum informed me how to change the temperature from F to C. Thanks.

By the way, I took my car to the Kia dealer near where I live and they apparently "fixed" the problem, but this is now the second time that the clock has messed up. I will monitor, but if this does it again, obviously the TSB from Kia is not a permanent solution and Kia will need to come up with a better and permanent fix. This should not be happening for a brand new car that I have only had for one month and only has about 4000 kms on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for the solution...I too looked in my owners manual for my 2012 Forte5 EX for instructions, but couldn't find any. This info worked great for me.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
What notorious problem do the Forte clocks have?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thank you for this!

I can't believe that I came to accept the Celsius display for over 4 years of owning the 2013 sedan. :smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts