Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive installed the eibachs which is a one inch drop. today im off of work so of coarse i have to do yard work and we need dirt and mulch! so i go to the gardenville by the house and get 6 bags of soil and 6 bags of mulch(had to put the back seats down). needless to say, it dropped the rear almost 2 more inches! i was so scared of hitting a hole or a bump on the way home and made it home fine but holy crap it was a long drive home hehehe SO if you wanna drop the car but dont want to spend 250 bucks, just throw some bags of dirt in the trunk! haha and no im not serious. just joking

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is a shot looking up into the wheel well. if you squatted down on the side of the car you werent able to see the top of the tire :p lol my family was laughin their asses off. "shouldve taken the van zach!"

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just curious - what pressure are you running in that tire? With the recommended 32 lbs I would have expected more flattening of the tire with that much weight. Maybe the picture doesn't show it - or maybe I'm clueless. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I try to keep it at 36psi but its the side view of the tire that gives the illusion. You can't see the flattening cuz the flattening is coming towards the camera.... idk if that maked sense... if I took a pic from behind the tire, then you'd see the flattening

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just curious if you have the EX or SX. The Eibach springs drop the SX 1.5 and 1.3 front/rear. Before the drop I could see the tire tread, after the drop I can't. There's just enough space to slide my hand between the tire and fender well, and that's with my back seats out and about a half of the interior panels ( applying sound deadner/damplifier for system and roadnoise).

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have EX. here is a pic of clearance room. and i think it was about as much of a drop as you say. i just stated an inch cuz it was easier and didnt think i needed to be that technical :) but also youve got bigger wheels than me

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your'e right I forgot about the wheel sizes. I wasn't trying to be a 8==D. I just didn't know if you weren't happy with your drop. I know it shows the drop diff for the EX/SX models. My drop is even lower now that the springs have had a few weeks to set in. Looks good though and I'm not a fan white cars, but for some reason it sits well with the Koup specially with a little CF.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya pretty soon I want to get the tk cf hood. I've about 3oo more dollars to save lol and no offense taken :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cool.... I'm thinking about the TK CF hood also, but I want one with hood vents. It's get pretty hot under there especially in FL. with all this humidity. I would think it gets pretty hot there in texas too. First things first though I need that turbo or at least CAI/header/catback exhaust and tune. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts