Kia Forte Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
That's a true ricer right there! After you put the glasspack in, make sure you get a body kit for an accord and use duct tape to hold it on to you car. Remember, keep the body kit in primer to have the illusion that you can't afford the paint. Then put stickers all over your car of products that aren't even on your car. I nice NOS sticker would like great on the hood. Lol

All kidding aside, check local laws about the dcb levels of cars. Some places are strict with it and I know in some counties when you get your car inspected they actually look for cherrybombs and fail you for inspection.

· Registered
42 Posts
Is it like a muscle car sound? Like you're running a V8, and you pull up to say a scooby, and when the light turns green he guns it and you're left in the dust holding you're head in shame cause you just got toasted because your muffler sounds like your car has a huge engine in it all worked up when in reality you have a little stock 4 banger. There's a name for that......it's called ricer :(

· Registered
42 Posts
Ahhhhhhh but I do know what it sounds like!! My friend has it on his...hence the the Subaru comment! It was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen lol

P.P.S it's only illegal if you get caught! ;)

· Registered
42 Posts
You said it yourself....looks or sounds faster then it actually is. You think cherrybombs give that much of a boost? Ya lookin at a 3hp gain at most. If that's the case, fart can mufflers aren't considered ricers either cause they actually give you more of a gain. It's a straight thru pipe. A true mod is one that no ones knows it's a mod, and they think that it actually came with the car. Not to sound like a J/O but only people in civics under the age of 18 should be the only ones with those loud obnoxious exhausts. That's a kids toy. Just screams "hey look at me! My car sounds loud but it's just a POS in disguise. Go with a subtle muffler, dynomax, magnaflow, solo, or the TK system. Ya don't want to be one of those Honda clowns. Trying to build respect for this car, not make people think it's another Japanese junk box! (yes I know the car is from Korea)

· Registered
42 Posts
I don't think anyone wants to be a ricer, it's more of an insult then a compliment. But if you want to label yourself that, well that's all up to you. I'd rather get respect on the street then looked at as a joke. Just my opinion

· Registered
42 Posts
What work? You put a muffler on! I don't care if your a guy or a girl, as soon as those obnoxious mufflers go on, the respect factor drops. Ya get respect for your car for how it runs, not how it sounds.

· Registered
42 Posts
Hating on what? The fact that my car doesn't sound like a riced out civic? This wasn't a personal stab, she took it to heart probably because I'm not the first person to say she drives a ricer. Contrary to popular belief, you can have an American ricer. Any car that has useless mods that look or sound tacky is considered a rice mobile

· Registered
42 Posts
How to you even bring up classic American muscle? We're talking about sport compact here. That's number 1, number 2, any fool that puts a tacky mod on a piece of American history should be dragged into the street and shot. No one does that, so you trying to prove a point is useless actually.

As for your second post. Type M is the name of the project car. "M" standing for Malloy, as in Malloy tuners. The shop that's doing the work to the car. This car isn't a daily driver. It's only going to be on the road for a few months then it's strictly a trailer queen. Anything else or do you still want make a useless attempt to vouch for the rice rocket?

· Registered
42 Posts
How can you call anyone a moron with you're awesome English skills? To correct you again, you should have typed "so to me you should be DRAGGED out and shot..."

Thanks for the name calling though, real mature. ;)

· Registered
42 Posts
They should do what the mustang forum has. An adult section. No one under the age of 25 is allowed to post in that section. Kind of weeds out name calling and people who have no clue what they are talking about. Just a suggestion. Kiddies can post in other sections

· Registered
42 Posts
This was actually a legit debate till someone started to take it personally. Which it was never intended. You're a ricer, you're a ricer. Deny it all you want, truth is truth. You want respect, build a car that not only sounds fast, but it is fast. Otherwise be a ricer and zip it. Why I don't deal with little kids

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.