Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With christmas fast approaching.... i have been thinking of what I want that isnt ridiculously expensive for my gf/family to get me for the KOUP

I really would like to do something with the headlights and as of now my options are

Korean Auto Imports

^^ Does anyone have any information on these? I found a ton of videos of them but im confused... in all the videos it almost looks like there are not bulbs :confused:

Or i have thought about retro fitting projectors and adding these

Korean Auto Imports

instead of the led strips.... and again does anyone have any information on these or video of them working? My only problem with retro fitting is im nervous id F*** up my headlights... are there places that would do the work for me?

Also i would like to get a custom exhaust set up which im currently pricing out.. anyone in upstate NY know any good shops?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the "angel eyes" are a sorta frame work of LEDs that go around the housing - the stock head light bulbs (or your add on projectors) are still there. they shine white until you put on the turn signal- then the yellow comes on and the white turns off

the "UFO" lights you can see are the same concept as the "angel eyes"...

the crazy yellow turn signals are another add on - its like a board w/the LEDs mounted on - and the board is put into the whole headlight assembly....

hope i understood the question correctly and answered it

but from what i've seen of all of those variations- you do have to bake the headlights.......

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So even the first pair with the "angel eyes" around the headlights are just the parts not the actual entire headlight unit?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
dif-
as far as i know-
that link to the angel eyes set up you posted----
all you would get from that is the bright LEDs (the white and yellows)
you would then- have to pull the headlights apart after baking- then- do the inserts of the "angle eyes" into the casings- then- glue/seal those headlights right back up...
so- therefore- if you are going to do that much effort-
might as well get the "UFO" lights, and the LED turnsignals

simply because-- why tear/bake headlights more than once?

if you are looking to buy a complete ready to install headlight set up......
so far- only place i've seen that you can possibly do that is w/the singaporians...

·
Registered
431 Posts
dif-
as far as i know-
that link to the angel eyes set up you posted----
all you would get from that is the bright LEDs (the white and yellows)
you would then- have to pull the headlights apart after baking- then- do the inserts of the "angle eyes" into the casings- then- glue/seal those headlights right back up...
so- therefore- if you are going to do that much effort-
might as well get the "UFO" lights, and the LED turnsignals

simply because-- why tear/bake headlights more than once?

if you are looking to buy a complete ready to install headlight set up......
so far- only place i've seen that you can possibly do that is w/the singaporians...
Korean Auto Imports

@dif: Okay before you say that you have to bake your headlights again, well think about this.. the LED turn signals really look nice on the koup headlights, and plus if you are thinking of actually retrofitting projectors in there, then you have more of a reason to put these in, at the same time when you do your projectors. You would then just have to bake once, :).

And about retrofits, its really not that difficult to bake it open and fit it in there, its wiring and rotating the projector once you closed the lens and are trying to fix something thats the hard part. You just need time and patience, don't rush retrofits ever.

@tampajoey: Even the complete set is baked open and closed, so its not worth it, if you can do it on your own and save some $$.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,837 Posts
You don't list what you currently have...so:

Kia Splash guards
Kia Trunk Net
Kia Trunk tray
Kia Windshield Sunshield
Kia New-Koup Spoiler w/brakelight
Kia Polished Aluminum Gas door

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
well if the "angel eyes" are still requiring me to bake my headlights then id most deff go with the UFO cause i think those looks alot better... but i also found these

bosch diameter of projector is 2.5
there are many colours for angle eye, white,yellow,purple,green
you can choose one.
color temperature xenon lamp - 4300K or 6000k, both available.
type lamp D2S

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so the first pic i posted arent the entire headlight just the parts to make my exisiting headlights like that?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes.. it is just the UFO LED.. you still would have to bake them ;).. Think about it.. 200$ for entire headlight assembly + LED + Wiring? :p

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does any1 no of any place that would bake headlights for u? Lol I don't mean to be a b!tch but im nervous id mess something up

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Upstate ny.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dumb question: what exactly is involved in "baking" a headlight? I assume it's a process of applying heat, but how is that done?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Dumb question: what exactly is involved in "baking" a headlight? I assume it's a process of applying heat, but how is that done?
In the oven. I did it to my last car.

Put lights in oven for 5-10 mins on low heat.
Take out.
Pry lens from housing.
Do what you want.
Clamp lens on housing.
Put back in oven for 5-10 on low heat.
Voila!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting. What would be considered "low heat"?

That is to help separate the seal on disassembly and help re-seal it for reassembly, right?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
What would be considered "low heat"?
The lowest setting your oven has. Like 200 or 250.

That is to help separate the seal on disassembly and help re-seal it for reassembly, right?
Yes, exactly.

I am going to do this this weekend as long as the lights fit in my oven. I'll post something in the DIY section if all goes as planned.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts