Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service manager at my Kia said that all that's necessary to keep the dash and leather seats maintained is to run over them with a damp cloth once in a while. What do you guys suggest to use for the seats and dash?

·
Registered
56 Posts
for the shiny plastic definitley go with a 100% Microfiber. Now for the leather seats Armor All Leather wipes. That's what i use and damn the car keeps stunning me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Zaino products are amazing...to hell with Armor All.

For casual dusting, I use a California Dust Mop. It's like a hand held version of the mops janitors used in school.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Zaino products are amazing...to hell with Armor All.

For casual dusting, I use a California Dust Mop. It's like a hand held version of the mops janitors used in school.
How do u like that California dust mop? I saw it and thought about buying but was sure if it was a "gimmick" or not

·
Registered
320 Posts
How do u like that California dust mop? I saw it and thought about buying but was sure if it was a "gimmick" or not
It works great and you can wash it! When it starts spreading dust, throw it in the washer with some fabric softener...dry it and clean your dash!

·
Registered
407 Posts
AHHHHH Armor all.

Pure Mink oil is best for leather! And....

The problem with products like armor all is that they contain silicone and isopropanol. Over time when the sun beats down on your silicone covered dash or top it begins to dry. The effects of the chemical breakdown in silicone increase drying out of the vinyl it is believed to protect. (isopropanol is alcohol which will also dry out leather and vinyl and can remove dye)

The effects of the exposure to sunlight/heat on dried out vinyl and plastics of a silicone treated surface will increase the chance of cracking and failure.

I see many dashes and seats treated with AA that have cracked and failed compared to many I have tested that never saw any protectant.

If you want to extend the life of your dash and door panels, just keep them clean with mild soapy water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts