1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
344 Posts
Get 3M, with lifetime warranty. Anything else without warranty support will yellow and not last.

Check meguiars.com and search "clear bra". Great debate on pros vs cons.

·
Registered
973 Posts
don't understand why anyone would wear a clear bra, wouldn't cover anything up=]
I'm sure if you google "clear bra" you will find some interesting pictures. lol
I'm sorry for being crude, btw, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
corytate, I clicked on this thread to suggest the same.. well, I was going to put up a picture of me in my clear bra, but then I decided it wouldn't be appropriate.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be very much appreciated if someone can give a first hand account
Yes. I would like to buy online (possibly 3M for quality purposes). I would like to know if anyone could/would do a write up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Aloha All,
I thought about a clear bra also and decided to let the pros install it for me. So far I've had it for almost a year now (my! time fly's when your having fun) and I must say it's money well spent. To me it comes in handy when your on the free way and it's almost impossible to dodge those small flying stones. You know, the ones that make you say "how did I get that" then "oh yea" I thought I heard something while on the freeway. Even when your following three seconds behind anyone and a stone comes wizzing by. The clear bra will cover only half of the hood, all the bumper (front) less head lights and fog lights, and only the front portion of your front fenders. It's thick and UV protected so your paint is safe from the harmful sun. The small dimples that the small rocks left behind will vanish in a day or two. That's better than a paint chip and seeing only gray primer when there once was paint there.
On the down side, when your waxing or polishing. You will need to tape off the area otherwise the residue will start to show once the polish dries. But all in all I say it's money well spent. I know I would have a lot more chipped paint with out a clear bra, and the best part, it has a life time warranty (the better clear bra products). Hope this helps, Aloha

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
IMO, stick with the 3M branded material because it doesn't tend to yellow over time compared to others.

·
Registered
259 Posts
don't understand why anyone would wear a clear bra, wouldn't cover anything up=]
I'm sure if you google "clear bra" you will find some interesting pictures. lol
I'm sorry for being crude, btw, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.
I checked, very few bras and none were clear. Plenty of car pics though.

well, I was going to put up a picture of me in my clear bra, but then I decided it wouldn't be appropriate.
It would be very much appreciated if someone can give a first hand account
Well if she'll bring her clear bra over here I don't mind. :eek:

In all seriousness I'm glad this thread came up, this is something I've though about as few times as well. Need to get my car cleaned up good and a little touch-up done on the bumper, but I'll keep an eye open for a place that does it with the 3M near here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I had the dealership include a clear bra in my purchase and I love the extra protection it gives my hood. I barely notice it as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts