Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just got a few of my new emblems and have been reading about how some of them look like crap after 1 winter. As I live in Alberta, Canada (whos winters get just as harsh as the crap they throw on the roads) , I was wondering if anyone has used a clear coat on their emblems and if so, what did you use and how did it turn out? (please only post if you have had the clear coat on for more than 6 months... seems like it takes this long for it to start to "fog up". And thanks again! Love the car! Enjoy the forums! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
So you want people to wait 6 months before posting???

No clear on my K badges. They did look like crap in winter months, but some plastic chrome polish took care of the issue.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Talk to your local body shop. Maybe next time they're clear coating a repair, you can drop off your badges for a quick spray for a couple of bucks or a six pack?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you want people to wait 6 months before posting???

No clear on my K badges. They did look like crap in winter months, but some plastic chrome polish took care of the issue.

Only reason I said that is because I have been reading that after 1 winter with the "clear coat" on emblems they become foggy. (which I did state in my msg dude!) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.