Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experienced the clock and temp display lock up today and found a few references that stated to pull the memory fuse and re-insert to resolve the issue.
That will temporarily resolve the issue but there's a more involved reset process available in KIA TSB047. I would attach it in PDF format for anyone else that might need this but uploads are limited to only 20kb. :confused:

If anyone else would like it emailed, send me a PM with your email :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Or just drop by the dealer, mine did it in about 45 seconds and Kia sent me a $100 Visa gift card for my troubles. Why do it yourself when you can have someone else do it and get paid for your efforts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or just drop by the dealer, mine did it in about 45 seconds and Kia sent me a $100 Visa gift card for my troubles. Why do it yourself when you can have someone else do it and get paid for your efforts?
I would have to leave my car. Why would I spend half day going to the dealer when I can easily do this myself??

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You don't have to leave your car. It takes less than a minute to fix. The technician just came out and did it while I gave them my information. So, if a dealer is not far away, just stop by. It won't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to get it done. $100 for ten minutes seems like it's worth it to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.