Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experienced the clock and temp display lock up today and found a few references that stated to pull the memory fuse and re-insert to resolve the issue.
That will temporarily resolve the issue but there's a more involved reset process available in KIA TSB047. I would attach it in PDF format for anyone else that might need this but uploads are limited to only 20kb. :confused:

If anyone else would like it emailed, send me a PM with your email :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Or just drop by the dealer, mine did it in about 45 seconds and Kia sent me a $100 Visa gift card for my troubles. Why do it yourself when you can have someone else do it and get paid for your efforts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or just drop by the dealer, mine did it in about 45 seconds and Kia sent me a $100 Visa gift card for my troubles. Why do it yourself when you can have someone else do it and get paid for your efforts?
I would have to leave my car. Why would I spend half day going to the dealer when I can easily do this myself??

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You don't have to leave your car. It takes less than a minute to fix. The technician just came out and did it while I gave them my information. So, if a dealer is not far away, just stop by. It won't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to get it done. $100 for ten minutes seems like it's worth it to me.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,174 Posts
I know this thread/post is old but what is the exact part number for the digital clock with temp assembly?

I'd like to install this on my 2010 Kia koup SX.
This is all it shows for parts:

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Office supplies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts