Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always take super good care of my autos inside and out and want them to stay looking new for as long as possible. I love my Forte and so far so good but one thing that has me pissed is that the drivers seat upholstry is bagging where my ass goes. I'm 5'10" 180lbs so it's not like I'm too big or heavy. It looks bad but I can live with it. Anyone else have loose material on the seat?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I having a similar problem, my car has almost 18000 miles on it and the seat looks a little stretched out. I am working with an upholstery guy that i know to see if he can bring some life back into my driver seat. Looks like i had the car for longer then a year.

·
Registered
695 Posts
well i dont have leather, i thought the cloth would hold up better in the long run. I really like the color of the cloth with the stiching and everything. Matches perfectly with my racing red forte.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
That means you plant your ass-cheeks in the same spot everytime. I'm a little OCD abut my cloth interior too. I always lift up and swing 90 degrees left so my left thigh doesn't inadvertantly wear down the side of the bucket. I weigh 160 and because I intentionally sit slightly different each time, I have more even (and less noticeable) wear. All seats are like mattresses before pillow top; spring wire covered by foam padding. Your pointy little butt isn't covering enough surface area and it's squeezing the foam in between the springs! LOL If you don't have enough room to move side to side in the seat, you will have more problem. My first suggestion would be a pillow or thick mat to spread the surface pressure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are many seat covers that are designed for the air bags. I did try to find some but after trying a few none fit right. I wasn't willing to pay over $200 for some that claim to fit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I refuse to sit at different angles, cover a new seat or sit on a book. I've never had a seat that showed this defect even after several years of ownership. I will probably approach the dealer with this and just see what they say.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Please let me know what you hear back from them. I can't stand that problem especially with a fairly new car. I would like to just sit normally without feeling my car is going to be ruined because I have a pointy butt =(

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I guess I follow the matra of, it's a cheap car. If I paid $40k for a car, then I might bitch about it. But for crying out loud, the visors are made of glorified paper. Think disposable bic lighter, not refillable zippo.

I suppose you could also just eat more burgers and milkshakes. That sounds like the best solution so far!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I follow the matra of, it's a cheap car.
I hate the word cheap. The car may be less expensive compared to other models in the same class but I don't think it's "cheap" by any stretch. Most materials used for the interior are comparable to other models and this is just a design/performance flaw in the seat construction that should be addressed.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I guess I follow the matra of, it's a cheap car. If I paid $40k for a car, then I might bitch about it. But for crying out loud, the visors are made of glorified paper. Think disposable bic lighter, not refillable zippo.

I suppose you could also just eat more burgers and milkshakes. That sounds like the best solution so far!

LOL tasty too:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts