Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Koup SX for about two months now and I love the car but I do have one regret. That is not waiting on the leather interior. I am thinking of having the cloth replaced with leather and wanted opinions from you guys here. Should I go to the dealership and have them order the leather and then go to an upholstery shop and have it put in, or should I order it from a place like Katzkins and then take it to a shop to have put in? Any idea on how much this will be? I was thinking somewhere in the $900 to $1,000 range. :eek: Thanks for any input you may have.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So I've had my Koup SX for about two months now and I love the car but I do have one regret. That is not waiting on the leather interior. I am thinking of having the cloth replaced with leather and wanted opinions from you guys here. Should I go to the dealership and have them order the leather and then go to an upholstery shop and have it put in, or should I order it from a place like Katzkins and then take it to a shop to have put in? Any idea on how much this will be? I was thinking somewhere in the $900 to $1,000 range. :eek: Thanks for any input you may have.
Actually you are in a position to have more choice. Unlike the factory leather guys you can have heated leather front and back. You also get to choose color. Choices you have are leather color, two-tone, stitching or not, and stitching color, and door panels.

Take a look at my seats--I did the Katzkins and love them. In fact, I think they look as good if not more race-inspired than stock. Get the seat heaters now if you do this as this is the time! Buy the heaters online and have the dealer put them in...you'll save a few bucks.

Here are my seats.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/new-member-introductions/3-introduce-yourself-4.html

Enjoy and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see the pics right now because I am at work and this gov computer is blocking them. I will be home by noon and will get a good look at them then. Couple questions for you while I wait.

1. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the leather the way you ordered it from Katzkins?

2.Did you install the leather yourself and if so was it a hard job?

3. If you didn't do the install then was it done at the dealer or another shop and if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge? Just trying to get a good number to go off of. Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I can't see the pics right now because I am at work and this gov computer is blocking them. I will be home by noon and will get a good look at them then. Couple questions for you while I wait.

1. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the leather the way you ordered it from Katzkins? 1200 for front and rear installed. I got the seat heaters for 100 each online.

2.Did you install the leather yourself and if so was it a hard job? The dealer subbed this out a local shop. I don't know who it was but they did a great job!

3. If you didn't do the install then was it done at the dealer or another shop and if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge? Just trying to get a good number to go off of. Thanks.
Price included.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay one last question, maybe :) Did you order the leather through the dealer, who got it from Katzkins, or did you just order it from Katzkins and then let the dealer send the car out to have the leather installed? Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The dealer ordered them and had a shop do the work. I have a friend that owns a shop in GA called Streetbeats and said 1200 installed was a decent price. They had another car with the Katzkins on the lot and it looked great so I went for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking black with red stitching would look good too since my car is the same color as yours. Do you remember where you got your seat heaters from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar regret, only mostly about the heated seats. It gets pretty nippy here in the Northeast. I was talking to a friend and he said that messing with the electrical system would be a bad thing...and I should have the dealer do it at mucho bucks.

Anybody installed just seatheaters? How does that work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts