Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I am hearing clunking noise coming from my transmission when I shift up without hitting the gas pedal but it will not make the noise if I add little gas to it. Its not very loud but it is noticeable when my radio is turned off. Anyone has experienced this? What should I do?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
Recently, I am hearing clunking noise coming from my transmission when I shift up without hitting the gas pedal but it will not make the noise if I add little gas to it. Its not very loud but it is noticeable when my radio is turned off. Anyone has experienced this? What should I do?
:confused:No brainer...if you have a problem take it to the dealer's service department. Call and make an appointment. Then come back on-line and tell us what it was...that's what warranties are for...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
auto/manual.....?

and hey- before i get flamed--- he could be talking about the auto's manual mode thingy ( lol- hey- i am old school- i still havent quite figured that new fangled thingie out yet)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It is a manuel. I don't think its a big deal, I'm just curious. I might have to take it to a dealer if it continues or gets worse. I would be greatly appreciated if anyone with 6 speed will test it with their cars. Don't press the accelerator when shifting (except for 1st of course) and see if you guys here the clunking noise

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
nope don't hear that one in my car

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm hearing the same thing with my 6-speed. While already in gear, I can actually hear a clunking noise just by letting off the gas, as well. It doesn't really bother me though, as it's very faint.

·
Registered
769 Posts
This may be slightly off topic BUT... I dont have the clunking noise but is it just me or is 1st gear just kinda weird to start in? its really jerky for me. At this point ive found out how to tame it but it still makes me wonder.. who else experiences this? (6-speed manual)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes, first is weird. We have several threads about this, check them out. I can actually hear my shifts in the low gears when I keep my windows down. I'm sure people can hear it outside the car as well. Its not loud, but you can definitely hear it. Its a clacking sound. Is that what we are talking about? I don't know if this is different from other cars

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, first is weird. We have several threads about this, check them out. I can actually hear my shifts in the low gears when I keep my windows down. I'm sure people can hear it outside the car as well. Its not loud, but you can definitely hear it. Its a clacking sound. Is that what we are talking about? I don't know if this is different from other cars
KorsaBlue, yes I can hear the shifts in low gears as well. But after I let go of the clutch without hitting the gas pedal, it just makes a clunk noise.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2011 2.0sx 6-speed manual. (RHD)
I am also hearing a clunking sound when changing gears or just by letting of the accelerator. :(
Sounds like something is loose, but it does not happen over bumps or anything.
I'm going to speak to my dealer today, will let you know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2011 2.0sx 6-speed manual. (RHD)
I am also hearing a clucking sound when changing gears or just by letting of the accelerator. :(
Sounds like something is loose, but it does not happen over bumps or anything.
I'm going to speak to my dealer today, will let you know.
I went for a drive with the mechanic and he confirmed something is wrong.
The vehicle is now booked for a service.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Sounds a lot like my experience and it turned out to be the wheel bearings. Strange, but true. Replaced under the powertrain warranty. The clunking/clanking noise was noticeable at lower speeds and when letting on or off the accelerator.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Could just be the load being applied to your gears. With the poly mounts you hear tons of sounds coming from the transmission, first gear is very very whiny and when you apply or remove load you can hear it in the trans, kind of a clunking sound. The clutch also chatters a good bit but that's not uncommon nor is it harmful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My vehicle went in for a service, so I asked them to look at this issue.
They fixed it by "*SECURED SIDE SHAFTS FOR NOISE" according to my invoice.
The sound is gone, so what ever they did worked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts