Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing the CDV Mod on Forte Sedan I was happy with the improvement in clutch feel.
I now have a Koup and today I thought I would do the same modification, took out the slave cylinder and to my suprise no CDV fitted. I was wondering has this CDV been taken out of all Koups at the factory, as I read somewhere in an Aussie paper that Kia had made some mods to the Koup's clutch. Now back to my car to bleed the damn clutch, oh well worth a try.:(

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
On the sedan did you take out the valve or enlarge the bleed hole?

·
Registered
427 Posts
if they did that down under they should let me take it into a dealership to get this damn bugger out!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the sedan did you take out the valve or enlarge the bleed hole?
On my Sedan I took out the valve. One thing with the Koup, since bleeding the clutch and topping it up with fresh fluid the pedal seems to take off closer to the floor now. I have bled it about three times whilst driving around, it definately feels better, more feel . So must be just the difference in the clutch fluid liquid.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if they did that down under they should let me take it into a dealership to get this damn bugger out!!!
So your Koup has the valve (CDV) ?. I read an artical in a Aussie Motor Magazine , they said Kia had made modifications to the feel of the clutch on the Koup. In their opinion the Koup fealt better than the sedan. I know from experience I use to complain about my Forte Sedan a lot but found my Koup easy to adjust to, it's only the light accelerator that I hate. But at least it has no flat spots during acelerating, maybe thats just the 2.4 version that has that problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts