Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a 2013 CPO kia forte koupe Sx in the year of 2016. It is a manual 6 speed. Its been serviced regularly, over 25 times, and I have the gold "wrap around" warranty as well.

I am worried about my car's maintenance right now though. Unfortunately, its acceleration is incredibly sluggish, and it gives off a bad smell after driving. The clutch seems to have good pressure though.

I am worried that I will have to repair the clutch, a $2k job - but I have had a service manager tell me it may be a brake problem.

Would anyone be willing to share their stories and brainstorm with me here?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Can you describe the sluggish acceleration a bit more in detail? You had the car for 3 years, so what changed? If a clutch starts to slip, after a gear change, if you step on the accelerator, the rpm. goes up but the car hardly accelerates.
On the other hand, if its a brake problem, it's quite easy to figure out, drive for 2-3 miles and then touch the wheels, if one or more are hot, you'll know the brake caliper are seized. Frankly, I doubt that. Only if it were extremely badly seized, would the brake problems lead to a much more sluggish acceleration.
Question: Where is your left foot, when you do not change gears?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its very possible that it is the clutch. My rpms and the sound of the exhaust climbs but the acceleration does not. Like I said, the clutch pedal is not lowered any. There is a plate for my foot when I'm not on yhe clutch. I have also been driving stick since 2012.

I am hoping I may be low on dot3 or literally anything else other than a 2 thousand dollar clutch replacement. I am looking for experiences from other 10' - 13' Koup owners.

·
Administrator
587 Posts
I am hoping I may be low on dot3 or literally anything else other than a 2 thousand dollar clutch replacement. I am looking for experiences from other 10' - 13' Koup owners.
If your clutch is slipping you will need a new clutch. You can easily confirm it by shifting into a high gear up a hill and mashing the gas. If the RPM soars and the car doesn't accelerate, your clutch is slipping and needs to be replaced. You would also smell burning clutch material (which smells similar to burning brakes).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts