Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a 2013 CPO kia forte koupe Sx in the year of 2016. It is a manual 6 speed. Its been serviced regularly, over 25 times, and I have the gold "wrap around" warranty as well.

I am worried about my car's maintenance right now though. Unfortunately, its acceleration is incredibly sluggish, and it gives off a bad smell after driving. The clutch seems to have good pressure though.

I am worried that I will have to repair the clutch, a $2k job - but I have had a service manager tell me it may be a brake problem.

Would anyone be willing to share their stories and brainstorm with me here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its very possible that it is the clutch. My rpms and the sound of the exhaust climbs but the acceleration does not. Like I said, the clutch pedal is not lowered any. There is a plate for my foot when I'm not on yhe clutch. I have also been driving stick since 2012.

I am hoping I may be low on dot3 or literally anything else other than a 2 thousand dollar clutch replacement. I am looking for experiences from other 10' - 13' Koup owners.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.