Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Forte Koup EX (111k) is showing signs of clutch needing replacement (soggy resistance, sometime difficulty engaging in R gear) but still performs good.

Its been diagnosed and confirmed by dealership with quote $$$, but I want to shop around first....

Can anyone recommend a reputable clutch repair shop in the Boston/South Shore area?

·
Registered
529 Posts
From how you describe, it sounds more like the Master or Slave cylinder are not good any more. Is your slave cylinder wet? I am not entirely sure, if the 1st generation has concenctric slave cylinder assembly, in which case, you really need to remove the transaxle.And once opened, with your mileage, it's a good idea to change the clutch assembly as well. Labour is way more than parts for that job. An independent garage will probably be cheaper, their hourly rate isn't as lofty. Just make sure, they don't use substandard parts, it's no fun to drive around with a shitty clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From how you describe, it sounds more like the Master or Slave cylinder are not good any more. Is your slave cylinder wet? I am not entirely sure, if the 1st generation has concenctric slave cylinder assembly, in which case, you really need to remove the transaxle.And once opened, with your mileage, it's a good idea to change the clutch assembly as well. Labour is way more than parts for that job. An independent garage will probably be cheaper, their hourly rate isn't as lofty. Just make sure, they don't use substandard parts, it's no fun to drive around with a shitty clutch.
Thanks you, you're feedback is much appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.