Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So ive been reading around on here like ohhhh i like that i'll try that eventually and ohhh that looks sick i gotta do that.

so so far heres what ive done =]

Eye lights from LED strips, wired to a switch cause i dont know how to splice and didnt want to mess anything up lol.

ive also tinted the windows, and removed the silver inserts.

next paycheck i hope to either get a vinyl overlay, or the CAI from turbo kits, if i continue to have a hard time finding someone to do an overlay i'll wait and get the CAI =]

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok there we go! got em up =] one of them is at night with out the headlights on, just the LED's it turned out brighter than i expected lol, i like them, what do yall think?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how did you open the headlight, to get those LED's in there.
i didnt actually open the headlight. i got thin 28" LED strips with 3M backing on them and slid them under the light. theres enough room to slide them under, if you loosen the screws on the top of the headlight assembly you can slide them right in, then when you remove the tape, screw the light back in and it applys firm pressure to the strip. holding it in place and fitting it snug under the light. making it look like its in the light.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you get a chance provide where you got the LED strips and pictures of where exactly they are applied onto i would love to do this EXACTLY like yours... and maybe where you mounted the switch....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you get a chance provide where you got the LED strips and pictures of where exactly they are applied onto i would love to do this EXACTLY like yours... and maybe where you mounted the switch....

sure! i'll take a few and add them to this post later when i get a chance.
i got the LED strips at Autozone lol, its cheap and effective. there 28inch strips with 3m tape on the back of them. the easiest way to do this i found was to unbolt the headlights and slide the strip to where you want it, then remove part of the tape and push down on the light causeing it to apply pressure to the strip and thus secure it to the body, there easy to hide under, and once you tighten the bolts back down its pretty much completely hidden. like i said, i'll take some pictures when i get a chance and load them up for you

i ran the wires along the side of the engine bay, and then next to the door and on to the dash, i did that cause it was easier and i havent had time to look for an opening in the firewall yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
im about to go out and take a few pictures, i'll post them up inn like an hour or so, then tonight when its darker i'll go take more

annnnnnnd here we are =]

does anyone know where i can run the wires through the fire wall?

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks!! So they are applied to the body i thought that you faced them towards the front of the car and let the headlight hold it in place... Cool im going to work on this...

Did that yellow wire come with the lights? looked pretty big for LED's?

Also: I would want the brightest LED's in these strip lights does anyone know which ones are brighter than others. Id like to order mine off ebay in a slightly longer size i was thinking the 60cm white's

·
Registered
76 Posts
There's a DIY in the DIY section that I used to do mine last night. Used wire taps to tap to parking lights. Looks awesome. Pics tonight.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey CoastieKoup........your ride looks sweeet. Loving the look of the LED stripe.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wire taps? the little plastic things you clip onto the wire? and my main ? is are there brighter LED's or are they all generally the same?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i totally ment to go out when it was dark and take some pictures for yall. but got lazy and forgot lol sorry! i promise i'll make it happen tonight.

"Thanks!! So they are applied to the body i thought that you faced them towards the front of the car and let the headlight hold it in place... Cool im going to work on this..."

i highly encourage you to do so! its a great look for the car, and people say they love it all the time =] on the strip itself theres an adhesive bottom which i stuck to the body of the car, then used the headlight to apply pressure, and keep it inplace to prevent possible slipping.

"Did that yellow wire come with the lights? looked pretty big for LED's?"
no, to wire the LED's to a switch i needed longer wire, the LED's wires themselfs were pretty thin.

Also: I would want the brightest LED's in these strip lights does anyone know which ones are brighter than others. Id like to order mine off ebay in a slightly longer size i was thinking the 60cm white's

off the top of my head i dont know, but these are supprisingly bright at night.

"Used wire taps to tap to parking lights. Looks awesome. Pics tonight."

"Hey CoastieKoup........your ride looks sweeet. Loving the look of the LED stripe."

Thanks! i love it =]

yeah, i first tried the wire taps, but im not very good with wires, so i was afraid i would mess my lights up, so i did it a different way. one i was more confident in.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
The LED strips looks awesome! Great job!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.