Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to say hi to all as I am I new Kia Forte owner. I also want to thank you for your posts. I have bought a 2010 Forte SX. After reading your site and many reviews found that the cold air intake systems bought online were causing a problem with the ECU overheating. I am here to tell you that I have solved this problem, built my own cold air intake, routed it in the same manner as the productions ones, while maintaining a stock look and still using K&N filter for maximum intake. I am also working on a back up system for cooling the ECU...( the cooler the better ) which should be running in a few weeks. Oh and it only cost me 60$ canadian

2010 Kia Forte SX
Blue
Koup Rims
Tint
Vent Visors
Sunroof & Deflector
Stereo system
Car Starter/Alarm with every bell and whistle you can imagine

UPDATE!!!!! I have installed the high flow cat and cat back exhaust. I read a post about the hangers not matching up and creating a wobble effect and that is true. Also the intermediate pipe clamp and bolt were not sufficient as they would not tighten enough to prevent the exhaust from shifting. But his was irrelevant as I had it welded anyway. The intermediate to the over axel and then the tip to the muffler, I simply bought for 6$ a smaller rubber mount and viola! mint mint mint! sounds great looks awesome and the car halls ass now. I hit 175km/hr ( yes I live in canada! lol ) in 3rd! before shifting and it was still halling the mail! My stage 2 kit is just about ready and I will be driving down to get it in 2 weeks! Totally stoked! I cant wait to find some poor unsuspecting mustang or B16 and stomp a big foot sized mud hole in him!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I would be interested how you kept your CPU cool have you any photo's, I did it this way. I fitted a flexible piece of tubing from front of car to the air box similar to the original but minus filter, hope enough air passes by the CPU now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my first new car, and my first forum so I am working out the kinks in both. I will post my pictures online soon. I have done many modifications to previous cars over the years but this is my first new car and I cant wait to start spanking some honda civics! Nice pics btw.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
I want to say hi to all as I am I new Kia Forte owner. I also want to thank you for your posts. I have bought a 2010 Forte SX. After reading your site and many reviews found that the cold air intake systems bought online were causing a problem with the ECU overheating. I am here to tell you that I have solved this problem, built my own cold air intake, routed it in the same manner as the productions ones, while maintaining a stock look and still using K&N filter for maximum intake. I am also working on a back up system for cooling the ECU...( the cooler the better ) which should be running in a few weeks. You my contact me at [email protected] if you are intersted in the details. Oh and it only cost me 60$ canadian

2010 Kia Forte SX
Blue
Koup Rims
Tint
Vent Visors
Sunroof & Deflector
Stereo system
Car Starter/Alarm with every bell and whistle you can imagine

Ordered
BMW rear lip spolier
cat back exhaust
header
Would like to point out that I haven't read of anyone having a problem with their ECM overheating...just that some (mine included) dealers won't warranty the ECM if it goes bad from heat if using an aftermarket intake that doesn't continue to provide cooling for the ECM.

·
Registered
318 Posts
mines fine... i got the tk kit and its been great. just i got this big open space now....

·
Registered
318 Posts
i cut it because when i drive the places i go tend to flood because florida blows i just need a few clamps for the coupler so it can be a cai again... having some plans for it tho. will post more when i get to it again should be soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts