1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Personally, if it was my car, I would buy the CAI from Turbokits.com. i own it and it was a extremely easy instal and it is the most promising CAI out there right now for our cars. the HP and TQ gains are great and turbokits.com is a great company. i have had mine for maybe 5 months and i am absolutely in love with it. i say turbokits.com. it is ready to be installed once you open the box. no drilling or cutting needed. they put in hours of work to make it perfect for our cars

·
Registered
148 Posts
Personally, if it was my car, I would buy the CAI from Turbokits.com. i own it and it was a extremely easy instal and it is the most promising CAI out there right now for our cars. the HP and TQ gains are great and turbokits.com is a great company. i have had mine for maybe 5 months and i am absolutely in love with it. i say turbokits.com. it is ready to be installed once you open the box. no drilling or cutting needed. they put in hours of work to make it perfect for our cars
Yes yes yes, I just got my koup first thing I put on was a Turbokits cold air intake. It was very easy, took me about 20 mins. You will fall in love with the performance gains you get and of course the sound. The guys at turbo kits are very helpful and I would do business with them in the future!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good then. I did have a CAI in an older car I had, a 2000 Neon. Was an AT and not quite the power this car has and even it sounded good after the install so I am looking forward to this one. Next to having the windows tinted, this will be my first "mod!"

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
One thing to look at is how many hoses you have that attach to the intake tube...some 2.0 models have 1 hose and some models have 2 hoses attached to the intake tube -- if you have 2 hoses there is not an attachment for the second hose on the A/M intakes. You would have to drill another hole and get a nipple to make it work.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
do intakes void the warranty on the 2011 anybody know?
Actually...it won't matter what anybody says on this site about warranties and aftermarket parts. Ask your dealer service manager if a part will void your warranty should you have a problem. The dealer's the one that will make the determination of what does - and what doesn't - void your warranty. Whatever we say on this site won't be accepted by the dealer!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Actually...it won't matter what anybody says on this site about warranties and aftermarket parts. Ask your dealer service manager if a part will void your warranty should you have a problem. The dealer's the one that will make the determination of what does - and what doesn't - void your warranty. Whatever we say on this site won't be accepted by the dealer!
True. I'm sure many of the rest of ours have not had issues with intakes on our vehicles and the warranty, but I've heard of some people on here having been told otherwise by their specific dealer.
SCANDO, as far as intakes go, I'd have to definitely agree with everyone else. I also have the TurboKits intake and love it. I have an EX so it's only the 2.0L and automatic, but you can definitely feel the difference in power and the sound is awesome. Now I enjoy driving with the windows down even more just to hear it. Also, if you ever plan on getting fog lights for your car, the Injen intake will apparently require you to remove the left one completely. Someone else on here has one and had to. Have fun with your Koup. :) Oh, and yes, the 2.0L has the two hoses and the TK intake only has one connection, but you can either find a way to connect the vacuum hose to the other (T connector or something), or just get a breather for it like I did.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
If you drive the same way, you will see a very slight increase. But if you are anything like me, you will punch it all the time to get the awesome sound!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does this intake work with the 2.4L automatics in the 2011 sx models?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i just purchased the turbo kits intake for my 2.0 ex its coming thursday!! :D can not wait! and i believe im going to need to buy a breather for mine aswell! i believe its better off then T-ing them in..

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I purchased the Injen CAI and it was a little bit more pricey but I believe the reason for that is because Injen actually "tunes" there CAI's to sound better than the rest but I've watched video's on Youtube of the turbokits.com CAI, and personally the turbokits one is ALOT more easier to instal and its a little cheaper as well. For the Injen Intake, I had to remove the entire front bumper, not a hard process on a import but still, a little bit more time consuming

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.