Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we put gasline antifreze in the fuel to prevent freezing? I have used this in all my previous cars but not sure on the imports? I have heard that some imports don't like it and could void the fuel system warranty. :confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of voiding warranty, nor no compatibility of such product...

Does your fuel freeze often ?

Sometimes, the problem I have is that I have a heated garage that I park in every night. The car is nice and warm when I leave for work in the morning. After sitting outside all day in the cold Canadian winter and then driving into a warm garage at night there is condensation that starts all over the car, including the fuel tank. Much worse when the tank is under 1/2. On a very humid day like last night the dash and insides of the windows where sweating with moisture until after a few hours when it dries up.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Sometimes, the problem I have is that I have a heated garage that I park in every night. The car is nice and warm when I leave for work in the morning. After sitting outside all day in the cold Canadian winter and then driving into a warm garage at night there is condensation that starts all over the car, including the fuel tank. Much worse when the tank is under 1/2. On a very humid day like last night the dash and insides of the windows where sweating with moisture until after a few hours when it dries up.
I thought all Canadian Gas Companies have gas line antifreeze in their gas.

I know Petro CAN just has more of it in their gas (actually the reason why I don't use their gas very regularly in the winter unless it's super cold).

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well.. i know how canadian winters may be cruel... Quebec resident speaking !

And yes, heated garage is the worst thing for condensation... and rust... and... i think u understand :)

Like u know, try to avoid less than 1/2 tank... and no, never heard of these things would be hard on fuel lines nor anything.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In the winter I fill up more often and close to 1/2 tank. It seems to control condensation better. I don't have facts to back this up but I learned this years ago living up north. Not quite to Canada. I am not sure of the chemical treatments but some are made up to dissipate water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts