Kia Forte Forum banner

compatibility

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  GMmon 
#1 ·
hi everyone, finally, someone knows if the grilles, suspension springs, cai, cat backs, carbon fiber hoods, etc is compatible between the forte sedan and forte 5??

please let me know

#2 ·
This is a good question, but I doubt we'll find any solid answers soon as it would require either the vendor/manf testing it or an owner with extra cash to blow who would risk testing it....or an engineer or tech at kia knowing the dimensions between the 5 and sedan and koup (even differences between 2010 and 2011)

#4 ·
hi everyone, finally, someone knows if the grilles, suspension springs, cai, cat backs, carbon fiber hoods, etc is compatible between the forte sedan and forte 5??

please let me know
Hello gorillanismosti if the only decision maker between the 5 door and 4 door is the aftermarket support than I'd suggest you take the 4 door.

Although im pretty sure everything(most things) will fit onto the 5 door aswell.

I know the hood are interchangeable on koup/sedan, springs are not the same from what ive seen on aftermarket sites as they state koup/sedan (but i could be wrong) cat back is the same from koup/sedan with the exception of the rear diffuser cutout and tip. Grillie is also the same.

#9 ·
there is more aftermarket support for the sedan, so id go with that.

im actually going to try to trade in my koup for a sedan for that reason and also because i think the koup is gonna suck when my second kid is born.
I think you'll really appreciate the 5-door when it comes to hauling all the kid stuff,ANY stuff. That hatch really lets you transport MUCH more than a sedan. And to me,the 5 looks the sportiest of the styles. Show your wife how you can just slide the stroller etc in & out of the 5 without LIFTING it as in a sedan. She'll probably ''help'' your decision. If the aftermkt is lacking on the 5,I'm sure they'll catch up if the versitile 5 sells like it should. Good luck!

#7 ·
All the engine mods are seperated between EX / SX but should be 100% universal between models. Should just depend on the 2.0L / 2.4L since all the models share the same engine. Although all 2011 models, manual or automatic have a 6 speed tranny.

#8 ·
The only thing i would worry about is exhaust difference between the forte 5 and the sedan . Also body kits as far as the rear bumper is depending . The front bumper and side skirts should be the same. Also the forte 5 door is a lot more unique than the sedan. This is why i picked the forte 5 instead of the sedan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.